• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

excursions

Rate this topic

qdmred

Hi qdmred,

Welcome to Cruise Crazies..

It sounds like your talking about Ocho Rios.

If you are ..yes it appears to be rather safe to hire the locals as long as they have the correct credentials.

I too am in February.. But have already reached an agreement with a person that I found through my research that will pick us up at the pier take us where we want and then later take us back to the pier for less then $2.00 a mile

Hope to see you posting often.<]

I have never been to Jamaica....but I have arranged 1 ship excursion and 1 private and we are saving $200.00 for a family of 5..compared to what the ship charges for the same Tour we are taking.......we looked and got feed back from others who have used the private booking agent..and I contacted the private agent by phone ..

Good Luck

:smiley:

Excellent Question.

To answer you I honestly I do not KNOW that this person is safe.

What I do know is: I have been doing my research for our cruise for about 4 months now.

I have scoured the web for websites that offer “informational threads†Then like others posted my question for private tour guides for Ocho Rios, three or four names kept popping up over and over. I then studied the reviews that were posted and then googled searched the names of the locations and people .. Visited websites etc. and then emailed each and asked a price … I decided to do business with the one I chose because she made me feel more comfortable.

I don’t know, but I feel I have been as cautious as I could be without staying on board!

Hope this helps :wink:

Excellent Question.

To answer you honestly, I do not KNOW that this person is safe.

What I do know is: I have been doing my research for our cruise for about 4 months now.

I have scoured the web for websites that offer “informational threads†Then like others posted my question for private tour guides for Ocho Rios, three or four names kept popping up over and over. I then studied the reviews that were posted and then googled searched the names of the locations and people .. Visited websites etc. and then emailed each and asked a price … I decided to do business with the one I chose because she made me feel more comfortable.

I don’t know, but I feel I have been as cautious as I could be without staying on board!

Hope this helps :wink:<]