• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Latest Information on Carnival Conquest

Rate this topic

Tut

I was at work today and kept checking the sites and Larry called me and said he had just received a call from United and was told the soonest they could begin flying into Houston was Monday and they gave him a number to call so we could change our reservations.

A little bit later, he called again and said he had just got off the phone with Carnival explaining what was happening and did we still want to go. He told them yes. (Big Surprise!!)

So, as of right now, the seven day cruise is now a five day cruise with two ports, Progreso and Cozumel. We would receive a refund of 30% off the cruise cost and another $50 per person on board credit.

Unless Rita makes a sharp turn and hits the coast, this is what they're going with.

I'm happy with it and so is Larry. Five days is better than no days and we've got money coming back for two shore excursions already booked and paid for so it's looking pretty good money wise too. He told Carnival this was our anniversary cruise and we wouldn't want to change anything.

I want to thank all of you who have been so encouraging and keeping me up to date on what's going on.

I know I've said it before but it bears repeating.......

THIS IS THE BEST BUNCH OF PEOPLE ON ANY BB!!

Good luck Sue - I have been watching CNN all day and it could go either way. At least Rita has been downgraded.

We went over to our TA to book the flights with Carnival this morning - they laughed at us. They said the bad luck was just following us - from New Orleans, to Galveston. I better not book any more for the next little while - wouldn't want to put anyone else in jeopardy lol.

Can you believe that Carnival wants double what the airline wants for the same flights ? Pretty steep but in this case it's worth it. We still have the option to cancel it all anyway - so nothing to lose just yet.

Take care and keep us informed.

ttfn Jennifer

Yes you can, Joey. Everything's good to go except for the limo from the airport. I'm hoping that between now and the time we land tomorrow night, we'll hear from them.

Thanks for all your encouragment and I'll make sure to drink a toast to all of you. With our on board credit, we've decided to splurge and get a bottle of champagne........bring on the bubbly.

alt text