• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

walking/running on sapphire princess?

Rate this topic

hydrationprincess

hi - i'm new to cruisecrazies. my husband, in-laws and i are sailing on the sapphire princes on oct 15th for the mexican riviera cruise. i'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a deck that wraps around the entire ship so that i would be able to do a few loops walking and running while out to sea. also - i am aware there is a track on the ship - does anyone know how big it is? i want to keep up some exercise while i'm gone as i do like to indulge in all of the delicious goodies :smiley: this will be our first time cruising on princess. we got married in april of 2002 on the carnival ship elation and took the mexican riviera cruse then as well. we weren't sure if we would really enjoy crusing - thought we might get bored. turns out we LOVED it and we are looking foward to going on many more cruises in the future.

thanks for your help! :cheesy:

We were on that ship last month. There is a running track at one end and I think 10 laps equals 1 mile. This track doesn't go from stem to stern but you can walk that route if you wish. Also you may want to check out the gym Its quite good. :grin: :cheesy:

You're welcome. BTW consider going to the "meet the captain" session. We did and he is a really cool guy, humorous and with many funny stories to tell. If you go ask him about the time he "bumped" into a Japanese destroyer in NY harbor. Hilarious. :grin: :grin:

As for meeting the captain there is no sgn up. Just read the "Princess patter" and check activities. I hink it was on our 3rd or 4th day for our particular cruise. They do offer a galley tour and though we did not take it I'll bet its worth seeing. Bon voyage! :cool: