• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hello New here

Rate this topic

jrmende63

:grin: Hi I am Julie ( jrmende63). I have booked my very first cruise on May 17, 2006 to Alaska!! Hubster Randall and I are going for our 25th wedding anniversary. We are going on Carnival Spirit , Northbound. Any tips would be appreciated! We are going with his mom and dad...they have a balcony and so do we! One excursion we are doing is helicopter to Mendenhall Glacier...Mendenhall is our last name!! Julie

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Julie!

Welcome to Cruise Crazies... Glad you decided to introduce yourself, And I look forward to your input as you begin to plan your Alaskan Cruise.

I'm Joey and my DP is David, we are from California our next cruise is at the End of this month.

If you haven’t already listed your upcoming cruise in of Meeting Hall Please do so Also you can list your anniversary on our Calendar that way we all can send the wishes as time draws near...Links to both of those features are to the right of this screen as you are reading!

:smiley:

Hi Julie and Randell

alt text

alt text

Be sure to post your cruise to our Meeting Hall and calendar. We've cruised to Alaska and so have other CruiseCrazies members. If you have specific questions just ask away.

You're chosen a great way to celebrate your 25th anniversary. Stick around with us and you guys will become bona fide CruiseCrazies before taking your first cruise.

Hi, Julie, and welcome to CruiseCrazies!

alt text

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary, and your first cruise. As far as tips we can give you, all I can say is, "don't worry." Most of your fellow passengers are first-time cruisers and there's nothing to it. Go with the flow.

Browse the questions, on this board, and if you see one that puzzles you, open the thread and read the replies. This board is chock full of good advise.

Welcome Julie & Randall - Congratulations on both your 25th Anniversary and your very first cruise.

You will find us a happy friendly group who between us can probably answer just about any question you might have about cruising.

I enjoy the planning almost as much as the actual cruise. We will be leaving 2 days after you on the Explorer so I know what the wait it like. However by visiting here and joining in hopefully the time will fly by.

Welcome to the boards!!! I have never cruised to Alaska, but my sister and her family took this same exact cruise you are taking aboard the Carnival Spirit. They absolutely loved it and saw some breathtaking sights!! They didn't have a balcony, so with you having a balcony, I can only imagine the beautiful sights you will see. Make sure you take plenty of film!! The one thing I can think of to pass onto you is that they cruised in June and it was pretty chilly; so be sure and check out the weather so you pack the right kind of clothing!

Congrats on the cruise, and welcome to the boards!

Dawn

Hi Julie,

Welcome to CruiseCrazies. This a great place to come if your looking for cruise info. There's lots of experienced cruisers on the board, and it's probably the nicest cruise board on the 'net.

My wife and I cruised to Alaska last year for our 25th Anniversary and we loved every bit of the cruise. This wasn't our 1st, but it certainly was our best yet. Having a balcony cabin on an Alaskan cruise is really a great advantage. It does get quite chilly when you are around the glaciers, and with a balcony, you can go inside to warm up at your pleasure.

Dress with layers while you're there so if it gets warm, you can just peel of a layer. Like I said, it does get chilly, but it can also be pretty warm at times.

I'm sure that you will have quite a few questions before you go, so please feel free to ask. We're all here to answer questions (and play games, and welcome people, etc.), so ask away. :grin:

Howard