• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

I can Not Believe My Luck

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

Ok so how do you get to change cabins at the last minute??? I thought there was large fees to make changes after you have booked. I am new at this cruise information. I have learned not to use a TA. I know I can get things for a lot less than she did. So lets talk on how to make good cruise decisions. I need some lessons.

Thanks

Ok so how do you get to change cabins at the last minute???<]

It’s called a lucky thing, normally when I plan cruises is way out I the future year in advance so that we can get just the cabin I want. This particular cruise I booked late so I couldn’t get a verandah they were all sold out. After I book a cruise I begin to refine it so I ma on the cruise lines website probably more than an employee, looking studying understanding how the operate. It was on one of these price checks I noticed a better stateroom was available and I jumped. So PERSISTENCE is the key word.

I thought there was large fees to make changes after you have booked.<] I have never paid a fee to upgrade just the price difference is stateroom Category.

I am new at this cruise information.

I have learned not to use a TA.<]

I normally do all my own work and then turn the cruise over to friends who are TA’s so they can collect the commission. That’s just me I love to plan vacations. Let me say that a well informed involved TA is as valuable asset to planning a terrific vacation.

I know I can get things for a lot less than she did,

So lets talk on how to make good cruise decisions.

I need some lessons..<]

Longwait, the best “advice†I can give you is to do your homework, ask a lot of questions, hope that when you do ask a question you get at least 3 people giving you the same answer. Have an idea what you want to spend

Plan a mock vacation to see if you come in under budget I call this running the numbers, make sure you plan an extra 10 % for just because.

When you have a budget figure in mind .. You go for it!

Hope some of what I said makes sense. If not ask away I am sure there are loads of people here that can help you out.. I know for a fcat that member JohnG gives Excellent information.

Have fun bottom line..and good luck

Thanks Mebert,

I don’t worry he will find out from here, I had to strongly suggest to David that he needed come on line to acknowledge the good wishes that you guys offered after his surgery.. he is just not a internet person so My secret is safe until I spill it.. I want to see how long it take him to see that we have indeed upgraded. I am not putting luggage tags on the bags until we get to the port.. then I will just say the stateroom number to the porter and have them make out the tags..

I figure I should get some fun out of this.. I feel like a little kid :grin: the video camera I hope will capture all the excitement...