• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Best Cruise Deals

Rate this topic

autumnz

The lowest priced times of the year are January, April, hurricane season Aug-Oct, first two weeks of Dec. The highest prices are during the December holidays, spring break, and the first several weeks after schools get out in the summer.Prices don't often drop as we approach sailing date, since the prices actually go up as the ship sells out. That is not to say that occasionally there may be some ships not selling and they promote a limited time special to increase sales, such as the ships that relocated from New Orleans.

No one should be paying brochure prices on most lines. The luxury lines don't discount, but may have airfare specials, or free air. But most other lines are like the automobile market. No one should be paying sticker price. Benchmark the prices and then see what they can do.

Having said all that, you should have no trouble finding a cruise in your price range for an inside cabin, and may find some ocean view cabins for that price range, not including airfare.

autumnz,

After you've checked out JohnG's information regarding the least expensive cruise seasons, check out cruisecompete.com. Several T.A. will let you know what they will charge you for the same cruise.

You'd be surprised at the price difference.

But there is one caviat. When you find a good TA, stick with him. There's a lot more to purchasing a cruise than the lowest price. You may get the lowest price but have lousy service. But then again the service may be really good. Make sure you ask all of the questions that are important to you. If the TA seems to be put off by your questions, beware.

I'm really lucky. On my first cruise I had a new and inexperienced TA who wanted my business. He bent over backwards to answer all of my questions and made sure that I was satisfied with my choices. Now I usually seek him out when I'm ready to cruise. He's much more experience now and has done a few cruises himself by this time.

I also do a lot of research on my own to check out the crusie line, the ship and the ports of call. I also remember to ask the TA about transfers from the airport or hotel to the pier. I used to overlook that little matter and have to scramble around the last minute to get transport to the pier. Now that question is on my list for the TA.

I should have stated first and foremost that this board has been extremely helpful to me. No question is considered stupid. If it's important to you, ask it.

This is what I do. First set up a separate email account for cruising using Hotmail,gmail,Yahoo or any other free account. Then sign up on all the cruise lines for their special deals. Surf the net and sign up with as many on line Ta's that you can find. Then sit back and wait for a deal to come to you. Using this method I paid Under $600 for an Outside cabin on Coral Princess Alaska 7 day. Under $800 for a Balcony for each week on the Westerdam East & Western Caribbean. This Included all port charges fees & Taxes. The best time to book is either way before, just under 60 days before when the TA,s have to turn their unsold inventory,or last minute (3-14 days before)