• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cabin Upgrade

Rate this topic

dennistomlin

Upgrades from inside to outside, or outside to balcony aren't unheard of, but very rare. Generally an upgrade is within cabin type. I would ask my TA about paying for an outside now. if this matters to you that much, rather than waiting till you get to the pier. But having been inside, I didn't find it bad at all.

I agree totally, check out the upgrade right now! Your MAY be able to do it at the pier, but then ask yourself the question "Why is the cabin still available?"

You can pretty much count on NOT getting upgraded from you inside cabin to an outside. Not unheard of, but does not happen very often.

When I have checked into upgrades while on board ship, I found them quite pricy.

Hope this helps,

Hi & Welcome!!!

One other thing you could try is to give the guys who you booked through a call & see how much they can get you an ocean view or balcony cabin for at this point, that way if they can do you a reasonable deal you may still get to pick a decent cabin instead of one thats left on arrival?? - worth a quick phone call?

If you can't upgrade to an oceanview, don't get upset! You won't be spending a lot of time in your cabin, anyway. You basically need a cabin to sleep in; get dressed, or change in; and to take a shower.

I have been in everything from an inside, to a suite with a balcony. Admittedly, when I had a balcony, I make a lot of use of it. But, when I don't have one, I really don't miss it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fellow goes to the Purser's desk, before the ship sails, and has a major complaint. "Look, I paid a lot of money for an oceanview cabin, and you gave me one with a view of the parking lot!"