• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Who's right??

Rate this topic

cruisinmama

I can't answer your question from experience, but I'd rely on the info provided by the Port Authority.....

When I'm on a cruise that stops at Georgetown, I don't tender in until after lunch. Then, I walk two blocks to the Tortuga Rum Cake Factory, have a slice of rum cake with a cup of coffee, for dessert, people watch for about an hour and tender back to the ship.

alt text

2 things may or may not apply here. First, one might be cruise ship time and the other might be local time. I don't know about time zone differences in the area off the top of my head, but sometimes the ships stay on Florida time instead of changing to local time. The other thing could be the cruise line saying arrival time is 7am, but that doesn't mean that's when they are ready for passengers to go ashore. First they have to be cleared by the local authorities. Then they have to set the ship up for tendering operations. If they are using the ships' own tenders, they have to be put in the water, and get the dock on the ship set up.

Thanks for the posts..

ok, I was told GC is on Eastern time same as the ship...but your right just b/c it says we tender doesn't mean they will be letting us off any time near that...and never been there I have no idea what will happen and how fast..

But I see with 6 other ships in also that day....I guess that could depend on things awhole bunch..as I see some arrive or tender at 6:15 am..

Denniatomlin we are there on Dec 20th...

Just not sure if we should cancel our excursion as I'd hate to pay for it and we miss it as we can't get off in enough time.

Has anyone had that happen??

Thanks again for all your help :smiley: