• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Dinning Room attaire

Rate this topic

Peddler

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just returned this past Sunday from my first cruise on Carnival Conquest from Galveston. I was overly worried over what we would wear to dinner each night but found when I got there that there were many different types of dress in the dining room. I was seated upstairs in the Monet dining room and I did see a few young men wearing jeans but really only noticed it because the dining room opened a little late and there was a crowd waiting to enter. I didn't see any jeans on formal nights. Most everyone wore what would be appropriate attire in my opinion. Not all men had on tuxedos ( including my husband) but most had on coat and tie and most of the ladies had on either formal gowns or cocktail type dresses.

I also must state that I would much rather be seated with someone wearing neat jeans and a nice shirt who is able to carry on an interesting conversation than to be seated with someone who has nothing to talk about except the attire of the other diners. <]

Don't worry about what other people are wearing, you will never see them again lol...........as long as you don't stink you are welcome at my table lol..........Welcome aboard. Personally I like to dress up for formal nights but for casual nights nice slacks and a blouse and dockers or such and golf shirt for DH. If we don't feel like doing even that we go to the Lido...

Thanks for all the replies...I have been on the forum for all of a week and feel like I know everyone already.

Here is pic of Kathy and I from last yaers cruise;

alt text

Not bad for an old redneck if I do say so...hehehe.

Jim & Kathy

Peddler,

You're a real tease. You and your wife look absolutely fine for formal evening. You wouldn't have a problem at all in that attire.

BTW, you two make a nice looking couple. I know I'm judging a book by its cover, but there is something very sweet and innocent looking about your wife. You look good to be around, but your wife looks like she's really, really fun to be around. What a lucky man you are.

Thanks Joey;

Mebert;

I am very fortunate with Kathy. She is one that puts ALL others before herself. It's a battle on my behalf to get her to do something for herself. There is not a selfish bone in her body. If this is what it takes to get to heven, she'll be the first in line...and I'll close the door as I'll be the last...if you get my meaning.

Jim

Hi Jim,

BIG WELCOME to Cruise Crazies glad you've jumped right in..

Good topic this one & everyone has their own oppinion (quite rightly so otherwise we may as well all be sheep!)

My personal opinion is that on casual nights jeans are not a problem at all but I think I would feel out of place on a formal night as the whole ambiance of the night comes across as everyone making a big effort & helps towards the whole cruise experience - but then again if someone wanted to wear jeans then there is always alternative dining options to consider as well.. I dont think someone would "get away" with jeans on formal night on, say, one of Cunards ships but then we all know Carnival, NCL, RCCL etc etc are just a bit more casual and thats one of the reasons why we book them.

p.s. nice picture of you both..

Karen