• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

DOCS

Rate this topic

schatje

I have become my own TA! I have planned and booked our B2B for next year. With the military discount we got it still is the lowest fare thus far, even with all the Carnival sales. I figure I have done must of the work for the cruise anyway so why not just be my own TA. If you know how to ask the right questions then it shouldn't be hard.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a deep breath and calm down! :) If you do not have your "docs" does not mean you cannot board the ship. All you need to have is your booking number and identification. You can fill in the other information at the pier. You can get luggage tags at the pier - the porters will have a list of all passengers and their cabin numbers.

Now cruisinmama........do you have your booking number? I can't remember which cruise line you are on, but I know that with RCCL, Carnival, Princess, and Celebrity you can check your booking status online. That may be the way to put your mind at ease. PM me if you need a little help doing this.

I wish I could find one..this being only our 2nd Cruise....and our last TA left so we couldn't use her..and this one came recommended..yeah right..But I agree I've been doing all the stuff myself and she hasn't done a thing....

I'm doing all my own planning from now on....and get help from a TA if needed.."forgot to add that"

Ann to tell you the truth I am impressed with our own JohnG, If I ever wanted to go thru a TA I would probably Give him a chance to earn my business. However, up to now I love the planning and don’t want to give up that much power. However, if you want the convenience of a TA I think a nice email is at least worth exploring your options for next time.

Ok, I spent some of the day with RCI..and then them with the so called TA.. its a real mess..I guess the TA who booked us in the begin. had us under a group rate..but then when she didn't get enough for the group..RCI changed it to seperate booking..so when we paid it was under group, except the last payment which paid for everything was put on the old booking..or so I'm told..

But I asked well if the other booking didn't show a payment by the last payment day wouldn't you have cancelled the booking??? they don' know..

So my understanding today..is I have to fax a copy of my Visa statement which shows them RCI getting my money, which to me is really not needed when the money that went from us went to a booking anyway..

So I have to do that today...and then PERHAPS my DOCS can be done..and sent to us...

But was warned that all booking numbers have to be right for us to board and with all the names correct as well ..so I have made it very clear all the names

so if they don't mess this up..we may actually make this Cruise...

:undecided:

Thanks for the idea Joey..I have already contacted John about future travel...I agree his customer service has been wonderful...

I guess not knowing the in's and outs of Cruising had, put us at a disadvantage..BUT I am much more educated now..lol...

but I would not hestitate to use John in the future ...

Thanks