• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Voyager of the Seas

Rate this topic

queenofsky

Hi everybody! Me and my husband are going on our first cruise! I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited! We are going on Voyager of the Seas for a WEEK and we get to go to Labadee, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and MEXICO!

We have been to Mexico and we LOVE IT! Never been to Jamaica or the Cayman Islands so any tips on those places would be wonderful!

WELCOME Queenofsky

There are loads of Cruise Crazies that have visited Jamaica/Cayman islands whom, I am sure, would be happy to try to answer any questions....

What type of things do you think you would like to do on these islands? and do you prefer to get your excursions booked via RCCL or independantly? ask away & we will try to help. :smiley:

Queenofsky - Welcome to Cruise Crazies - the friendliest board you will ever find.

We have sailed 3 times on the Voyager and it is a wonderful ship full of many many things to do or plenty of room to just relax. Any specific questions about the ship just ask.

In Jamaica (I assume you are going to Ocho Rios) you would probably enjoy a trip to Dunn River Falls. You can either climb the falls or take the walkway along side.

In the Cayman Islands a trip to Stingray city is a wonderful way to spend the day. They are the most amazing creatures and I will never forget being able to hold and feed them.

If you tell us a little more about your interests we may be able to help you further.

Just be warned - taking that 1st cruise can be addictive and before long you will be looking to book cruise #2. LOL

queenofsky,

Welcome to Cruise Crazies. It's good to hear that your are excited about your first cruise.

You will probably be getting a lot of useful information from the Cruise Crazies members in the very near future.

My only contribution right now is that several of these islands have merchants who will bargain with you for best price. Don't be taken aback and don't buy the first item you see. Give yourself time to shop around and learn the average price for items you may want and then you will have more leverage with the vendors.

Let us know when you're sailing so that we can anticipate your cruise with you.

Welcome queenofsky

I haven't been on Voyager not yet anyway..lol...We had our very 1st Cruise this past March and rebooked for our second or so I hope for dec 18th..so beware you will become ADDICTED!!!!

But its a fun addiction..lol..

Glad you joined and want to hear all about your Cruise when you get back

:smiley:

Welcome to Cruise Crazies, queenofsky!

I haven't been on the Voyager, and it's been quite a few years since I cruised to Jamaica and Grand Caymen islands, so I can't be much help.

We were in Jamaica in the '80s; we went on a tour of the island in Ocho Rios, and then we stopped at Dunns River Falls for awhile. I will say that it's probably best to take a tour with the ship for your first time to Jamaica, as there have been some problems with people approaching you to sell drugs to you.

In Grand Cayman, all we did was to go to Seven-Mile-Beach and just lay around and relax and enjoy the day.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

:cool: :cool: Welcome, queenofsky. I've been on VOS twice and been to Labadee, Ocho Rios, and Grand Cayman. You're in for the time of your lives. Labadee is a beautiful private beach with bars and a buffet. If you don't like to be pressured into buying something, just stay away from the vendors, they are confined to a certain area. You have to climb the Dunns River Falls in Jamaica, ( look out, more vendors. don't follow their signs to the parking lot). Stingray City in Grand Cayman is a must. dw and I loved it, DDs were terrorized. lol Vos is a big beautiful ship which I wish I could get on again, Maybe after she goes to the mediteranean. An italian cruise, maybe. :grin: :grin:

Hubby and I can't spend a lot of time in the sun, so in Grand Cayman Island we took a city tour. It included a trip to the turtle farm, shopping and also a stop in H**L. We also did a glass bottom boat tour there. I have no desire to be up close and personal to stingrays.

We really enjoyed that day, and our friends came back to the ship after their day with the stingrays, burnt to a crisp. So, there are plenty of other tours to take.

Thanks everyone for all the information, this is a great site. I have been doing a lot of research and I am getting really excited. I have some fear about Jamaica from what I read and I might stay on the ship there! I found an incredible site for the Caymans with reviews, discounts and even videos. You can print out the coupons and take them with you to Cayman and the people there will accept them. It is called the Activitie Guide site. I will go and put my dates in as soon as I figure it out!