• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

CoCo Cay?

Rate this topic

divey259

My husband and I are leaving Monday, December 5 on Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas heading for the Bahamas. One of the stops is to their private Island, CoCo Cay. We were there in 2001 and the island was pretty rustic. I've heard that the cruise line has improved the surroundings a little to include more activities and sightseeing. Has anyone been there lately? I do remember that the Jelly Fish were everywhere! My idea of a perfect cruise day is to lay around, soak up the sun, have a drink or two and pretty much do nothing.

To everyone cruising in the near and distant future............ENJOY!!!!!!!!

divey

We were there in May and it really has been improved. The buildings are much nicer now. My only worry is that the hurricanes this year damaged some of the huts, etc. RCI stopped going there for a few weeks as least this summer. Jelly fish depend on the time of the year. In May there were none. You never know.

I have some pictures in my Sovereign of the Seas 5/13/05 album on clubphoto.com.

Type in rmsails in the friends seach box.

We just returned from the radiance and went to coco cay. It was a beautiful island with not a lot to do except drink and soak up the sun. they did have a free buffet of hot dogs and hamburgers chicken wings and all the trimmings all the food was great. There were jet ski rental and the water slide was a slide with a guy spraying a hose on it. We ate drank and sunned and had a great time. Oh, The hair braiding cost more there than St. Thomas or St. Maarten.

• 1 month later...

I hope you had a wonderful cruise. With that beind said I enjoyed Coco Cay in 2004. Not sure what your opinion of the island was when you cruised a few weeks ago was but we enjoyed it alot. But then again I like to kick back and have a drink at the beach.