• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

If you had to say a time

Rate this topic

cruisinmama

Ok, I have Top Shuttle willing to pick us up..and if we can't call we have to give them a time around to get us..

So our last debarkment was a nightmare ..since we are Canucks we have to stand in the really long line..

we stood in line last time for 2 hours to get through Customs it was a nightmare..

So never been to Miami Port and have no idea what time our color shall be called..

IS there a time you all would suggest to tell them..I don't mind saying later time as I'd feel terrible that they are waiting for us,

I wanted to say 11:00am, but wondering if thats a dream time..lol.

Thanks again' :smiley:

Ann, the way I would handle this is ….First and foremost I would explain it all to Top Shuttle, and explain that sometimes it takes a while to get thru customs and sometimes it’s a breeze.. that you just never know… That sets up the human touch.. the damsel in distress.. most Americans LOVE to come to the rescue! LOL but I digress.

I would set a time of approximately 2.5 hours AFTER you arrive that gives all a chance to process and be processed(bathroom freshen up).. However when you arrive and finally leave the plane if a pay phone is available I would do a courtesy call to Top Shuttle and inform them that the plane has arrived and that you will notify them if you are ready before the scheduled pick up time you had originally set. This makes the dispatcher aware that he has an order up and can position a driver to be available in 15 minute notice. That’s just what I would do. :grin:

Dang i never did a gripe on your travel plans......LOL sorry about that.. must had a mind freeze... anyway yeah discussion has always been the best .... just remember if the person you are talking to on the phone cant help you ...you are talking to the wrong person! :grin:

Our ship also docked in Miami at 7am, and the debarkation went extremely slow...

We had an excursion set up to take us on a tour of Miami, and then directly to the airport using the tour bus. Even doing that, we didn't get off the ship until almost 11am, and we were one of the first ones off the ship. (This was Carnival).

You're just going to go to the hotel, so you don't have a plane to catch. I'd set up the pickup time for 12 noon, and tell them you will give them a phone call if you get off any earlier.

We just used "At your Service Limos" to take us to and from Miami & Boynton Beach. There were 8 of us and it was $75 a couple for the round trip. They were great and had no problem waiting. They do it all the time and knew what time to be there. All we did was call them when we went to get our luggage and he was there when we got outside. I don't have the number but I can get it if you can't find it. We were on RCI and got off went through "customs"( it was a joke) and were in the limo in a matter of about an hour. Good luck