• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New To The Cruise

Rate this topic

Cary177

Welcome aboard, Cary and Gina. We're very glad to have you as a member of our CruiseCrazies family. Please don't hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have. Hope to see you here often and hope to get to know you. :cool:

alt textalt text

The most important thing to remember is that most of your fellow-passengers, an overwhelmingly large number, will also be first-time cruisers. The will embark with the same type of questions and concerns that you have. However, you will have the advantage of having found CruiseCrazies, and all the members just itching to anwswer your questions and give you advice. So, you're already a step ahead.

Just remember, almost everything you need to know about cruising, you will learn on your first cruise and your first cruise is like your first love; there will never be another one quite the same and you will never forget it.

Hi Cary177 - WELCOME!! :grin:

The only other warning missing from these is to ensure you pack some clothes that are slightly looser than normal for the last couple of days due to the amount of delicious food available throughout the holiday!!

Looking at the itinerary if its Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman & Nassau then it really depends on what you want to do on your port days as excursions with the cruise line can be a little more expensive than doing it yourself but they are responsible for getting you back to the ship on time & you have their guarantee. Port days can make the cruise but if you dont want to spend lots of money on the ships tours then you can hire snorkelling equipment in most ports & do some yourself from a recommended beach. If your planning on doing some shopping I did find Grand Cayman a little more expensive than the other ports I did & quite often found the ships duty free well priced.

Hello,

Welcome to the Absolute best form of Vacation you will ever have(In my opinion that is). I have only been on 1 cruise myself back in April..(so long ago..And Yes I am busily looking for another 1) I have always wanted to go on a cruise Since the first LoveBoat show I had always dreamed of going on one..My hubby never really cared to go THAT IS UNTIL WE SAW OUR SHIP. Once we boarded we were hooked,,and we hadn't even set sail yet..lol The service and treatment you receive is truly amazing..I get severe motion sickness so that was a real concern for me..I took Bonine as soon as we went onboard and never thought about it again...I cannot even watch my sons play their Video Games!!! We were on the Carnival Inspiration and had the time of our LIves..It wasn't the Loud Obnoxious crowd we had heard about...We did what we wanted, ate when we wanted (that is what we really did..SOOOOOOO much Food) slept when we wanted (you get the idea) we were Never Pressured to do anything..We Chose to dress up for the Formal Night (Captains Gala) afterwards we just changed and enjoyed the evening.We were in comfy clothes the last 4 days..In the ports we just did our own thing..We walked and shopped and ate..( oh yeah I already mentioned the food..LOL) Seriously the Hardest Part is the Waiting..and Getting off the Ship) TIme does go by Soooooooo Fast when you are on that Beautiful Ship..BUt like everyone else has said Once you Experience it You will be Totally Hooked..I hope you enjoy it..We certainly did.. Welcome to the Site..Great Group of People

Clothing, Mostly casual. Formal night can be just a dark suite for men and fancy dress for women.

Port stops- you could just get off the ship and wonder into town, sit at a bar or streetside table and watch people that are watching you.

Meals- Two types of evening meals- eat in the dining room at scheduled time or at the buffet which is casual.

Seasickness- usually doesn’t happen on a cruise ship, but if it does ask the guest relatios desk for some pills. Take them and go to bed. You will feel better when you wake up.

Food- Is usually good aboard ship, any ship. Some ships have better food than others just like some reataurants.

Cabins- All types- inside simple to extravagant outside with balcony and too much. An ocean view with a balcony is wonderful- Hang out your breakfast list and be awaken at the time you desire and have breakfast on your veranda.

Always carry the cruise compass or ships events paper with you at all times so you know what is going on. Have your cabin steward put two copies every night of this paper. One for you and one for your partner.