• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Planning the next cruise!!!!!!

Rate this topic

lindyf

We have sailed in several inside cabins, tons of outside and many balcony cabins as well as a few suites.

Our next cruise through the Panama Canal will be a balcony cabin type cruise because I really want to see the Canal. We have found they we don't use our balconies all that much, so if the price is bumped too much for one we pass.

I guess our cabin selection depends mainly on where we are cruising. Since we have done the Mexican Riveria 14 times (by actual count) an inside cabin is just fine with us. In the Med or in Europe in general an outside cabin or balcony is a must.

As long as we are on the ship, the cabin selection is no big deal! Except, we prefer to be midships and down low for stability and easy access to any area of the ship. I also check out what is above and below our cabin selection, you don't want to be under the jogging track or dining room or over a musical venue.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know JDiddy knows what he is talking about he does this for a living.

If you are not scared of hurricanes go in this season. Most cruise lines will redirect you because of a hurricane and you do not loss a lot beside where you might embark at and your ports. So if you do not care where you visit then you are pretty safe. However due to your initial post I am taking you do care. But remember you do not have to spend alot at port. Especially if you save money on the cruise. If you are redirected to leave from another port the Cruise line will provide transportation to that port. At most you might be shortened. We have always cruised in hurricane season. Our first cruise was in August and it was our earliest in the year cruise. I love OCtober because the areas you go to are not nearly as hot in the fall. Our first cruise we left just hours out of Miami before Andrew hit. The only thing it did to our cruise was we had to go backwards and we missed NCL's private island.

We have sailed in inside, porthole and balcony staterooms. I really do not care if it is a balcony or not but my family loves the balcony. I would rather save the money on a different cabin and use that money on the cruise.