• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Prices..

Rate this topic

cruisinmama

I've been doing my reading and wonder if anyone has the "real" answer

I understand if you book a Cruise and then the price changes as long as the new price isn't just for "new" bookings or any other "special"you can get that price?

That being said, does this apply also if you work with a TA vs w/Cruiseline directly?

and if you check prices and see a lower price it just has to be for what you have like: D1 or E1 right?meaning if you get an aft E1 and the other E1 lets say isn't an aft but another balcony its still the same.

Now if this is all correct does your TA's watch the prices for you? and when you give final payment she/he tell you the new amount you owe for final payment.

and even if you make final payment and you see the lower price can you still get it? again as long as its not under"new" booking ?

Thanks for any information as I've spoken to many people and still haven't gotten clear answers...

Thought the Crazies might know for sure :wink:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the real answer either... but in my experience, my TA has watched out for price decreases. One time, not only did she get us the lower price for the cruise, but she told me that our insurance premium decreased along with the cruise cost.

I suppose then, that the real answer depends upon the TA, as well as the cruise line.

My TA watches the prices but sometimes I watch too and I've caught a drop a few times. After final payment I've found that some cruiselines will give you the difference and some won't. Not sure how it works if you book through the cruiseline as I've never done that.

when i saild with HAL and Celebrity and booked directly with the crusieline itself.

Representitives of both brands told me that if the price drops let us know and we will adjust the price.

In other words I would have to be the one to watch.

as far as TA's go....They "should" but some are so busy they dont have the "time" to watch .. I think cruisetarp summed it up the best " My TA does not watch the prices but I do. When I see a price reduction for cabins in the same category I call my TA and they fix it for me."

My TA got us the reduction at final payment. We didn't bother keeping up on it as time went on, since it's too much of a pain. It's very difficult to get an accurate price online for your specific cabin category, so you'd have to have your TA call. And if you book with a TA, the cruise line doesn't really want to talk to you directly if you call about prices.

It's a lot more difficult to get a reduction after final payment, since your leverage is now gone. But as rose said, it does happen.