• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TA or Book Yourself

Rate this topic

cruisinmama

I like to do all the research myself and know in advance which cruise I want to book, where I want to be on the ship, when we want to go, everything. Then I'll call our cruise travel agent and have him book exactly what I want.

We do the same as Sue. I do all the research, and then we book with the TA. My DH takes over then and takes care of the financial part and the arrangements for limo to the airport, etc. I have the fun part. lol The last few cruises were with an online agency, and it was all by e-mail.

I usually book with a TA. I found someone I really trust. She always seems to find the best deals, and, after I book, she checks with the cruise line, weekly, to check for fare reductions, etc; She's really terrific.

The exception is Carnival. I have my PVP, Mike, who is great! Don't need a TA with him...

Like most CruiseCrazies, I do all my own research including the cruisecompete site, then select an online agency and book through them.

Local cruise travel agencies are worthless in my area. We have been on far more cruises than any of our local agents. Not many cruise ships call on Las Vegas, so most TA's here know from nothing about cruising.

Since we know when and where and with whom we want to cruise the only variable is price and that's where the internet comes into play.

I find researching the upcoming cruise part of the fun! :wink:

I love the planning.. its like this huge production that I am producing and after all the planning is done..the real joybegins for me while I sit back and watch it play out .. its truely exciting for me Especially when I see the speculation come to be realization.. nothing beats that to me.