• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Do you book with a TA

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually book with a TA. I found someone I really trust. She always seems to find the best deals, and, after I book, she checks with the cruise line, weekly, to check for fare reductions, etc; She's really terrific.

The exception is Carnival. I have my PVP, Mike, who is great! Don't need a TA with him...

• 2 weeks later...

Even after 20 cruises, I book with a TA. Mine is marvelous -- she knows ships inside out, she knows my likes and dislikes, and she is a pleasure to work with. She also looks out for us.

For instance, when we made final payment on our upcoming cruise, my MIL was still in the hospital, and we weren't sure if we'd end up going. We made our final payment as MIL insisted. Our TA told us that should we have to cancel the cruise, all we would need to do is make one phone call to her, and she'd take care of all the rest, as we would have more important issues on our minds.

The key is to find that one great person. It took me a few years after my longtime TA retired, and I have some stories to tell about some we used in the interim who were little more than order-takers. I enjoy the personal service a good TA provides. After all, s/he's the expert. :smiley: