• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Do you book with a TA

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

I booked with a T.A for my first up and comming cruise, i used online stores to find a ballpark price range then i decided to go in an check out what they have to offer.

i booked thru AAA, which work offered a discount on since we have a contract with them to do their climate controls. so i figured this would be a good time to use them, Mine actually knew alot about cruises and helped me with questions i had ( of course before i found this wonderful fourm, and i use it for all my questions i had from there on in)

she recommended a short cruise to "get the feel of it" and it fit the price range i was looking to spend on a "tester cruise" but i have a feeling we will be booking a longer cruise very shortly after the first one wraps up.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you book onboard to get the future cruise credit, you can subsequently transfer the booking to the TA of your choice. That way you get the follow-up and service. Remember TA's don't cost you anything. The cruise line pays them.

We book our cruises through a TA. Ours works for AAA in an office about 2 miles from here. She does a great job and you just can't beat the fact that if you have a question...or a price drop...you can just drop by the office to discuss it with her.

Now for airline tickets or hotel reservations...we usually book our own.

• 1 month later...

I just booked a Carnival cruise directly with them...got their military discount and saved hundreds! It was the same as vacations to go price but a better cabin. Haven't had any luck with local travel agents getting the best deals. I've also used Expedia and cruisecompete agent.