• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Question about Dunn's River Falls

Rate this topic

sewut51

Hi sewut...

It was a long time ago when we were there, but if I remember right, our guide parked at the top, and we walked down quite a few steps. We didn't climb the falls, so we just watched the others who were climbing up, and we walked by the beach for awhile, and then we climbed back up the steps.

Sewut....we did the same as Shari...parked at the top, walked down the steps to the beach. People climbing the falls entered at the bottom and climbed up the falls. We also used the steps...I figured I'd slip and break something! The falls are beautiful...but there's only one way out and you have to go through market area of people selling their wares and they're quite forceful. Don't buy the Blue Mountain coffee in there...it wasn't the real thing.

Enjoy!

Then entrance to Dunn's River Falls is at the top of the falls; actually, near the top, to be precise. People wishing to climb the falls walk down a very wide staircase, with overlooks along the way, as they make their way to the bottom. The falls empties out onto the beach, and into the sea.

People not wishing to climb the falls can return to the top via the stairway.

Vendors at the top of the falls will hound you mercilessly. Just a simple "No thank you" may not cut it...

LOL...on our frist cruise we did it opposite of everyone. Our guided tour was a stop in town for shopping and a tour in the rainforest and then to the beach and Dunn Falls. So we started from the bottom. I had just found out a few days before our cruise I was pregnant so we just walked up the path that is beside of the falls. DH did not want to go without me.