• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Great concept for all people

Rate this topic

shipahoy

I love the idea most all ships have the concept and smarts to offer areas for Friends of Dorothy and Friends of Bill. If you don't know fomer AAA and gay and lesbian folks. Nice way to start cruise and share friendships. I just hope you are not gay and a AAA member, might have to join both groups for some. Laugh. Happy New Year happy cruising everyone.

Alan Miller in Miami shipahoy@bellsouth.net

Alan, unfortunately there are some ships that don’t Recognize Friends of anyone meetings.

When we were on the Century I ask the Cruise Director Alan King about Celebrities “Official Policy regarding FOD meetings he told me that Celebrity would leave that up to the discretion of the Cruise Director but they shouldn’t mention it in the daily bulletin. He also said he couldn’t see why the didn’t have more FOD meetings as he put it†it would give us a chance to sell more boozeâ€Â

After that conversation I realized that they will have a lovers of donkey meetings if they thought they could turn a buck! But you didn’t hear that from me.

Smooth Seas Alan

I'm sure that they don't expect to sell booze at "Friends of Bill W" meetings.

On a serious note, I think that I have always seen Friends of Bill W and Friends of Dorothy meetings scheduled in the Cruise Compass on RCI ships. I'm surprised that Celebrity, an RCI cruise line, doesn't do the same.

Your post got me curious, so I went back and checked out our last three cruises, two on RCI and one on Princess. Both RCI cruises had FOBW and one had FOD, Princess had no mention of either.

It's kind of sad that some major cruise lines don't support "Support Groups". I know nothing about FOD, but we have friends who belong to AA and they visited with us over the Holidays. Their reliance on their support groups is very important to their very existance and for them to go on a vacation without that support could be very traumatic.

when we were on the Celebrity Century they had Bill and Lois meetings everyday!.

jbond, I only mentioned the CD comments because the comments made me feel very uneasy meaning he had that "I have to smile attitude but get the heck away from me"

We didnt expierence that feeling from anyone else on board just the CD... so i figured he had the problem, I was just disaponted in the Cruiselines"official" policy. :sealedlips: