• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hi Everyone! We're Back

Rate this topic

schatje

Hi All,

we made it back on the 18th but we were not ready for Christmas so we had to make a mad dash to finish shopping for our grandchildren. Andre' made stained glass windows for our 4 children and had to finish the last one before Christmas. Our Anniversary was the 28th and we enjoyed the evening by going to dinner and a movie (King Kong on the big screen) Andre' has been off the whole month of December so I will miss him when he has to go back on Jan 3.

We had a wonderful relaxing time on our vacation and really hated to come back. The first leg of our flight home was not without incident. As we approached Cinncinati the plane suddenly began climbing and the pilot came on the say the the nose gear was not coming down. After about 10 minutes he came back on to say that they have a visual of the gear coming down but they were not getting the proper reading indicating that it was locked into place. They were instructed to do a fly by while all other flights in the area were put in a holding pattern. The people on the ground confirmed that the gear was down and maybe they were just getting a faulty reading. We were instructed on crash prosedures and the pilot came on to say we are going down. The police and fire vehicles were in place along the runway to greet us with their flashing lights, no foam. The pilot touched down mainly on the back wheels and then lightly on the nose. We stopped on the runway and were told that there would be a delay so the authorities could inspect the plane. They came to put a pin in the nose gear because it was in fact not locked. They were unsuccessful because the gear was bent. They decided to call for buses to take us back to the airport because they did not want to damage the plane by trying to tow it. We finally got back to the airport after a two hour ordeal to find that many people missed their connection and some had to stay in Cinncinati overnight. It was a blessing that we ended up being fine because Delta changed out flight right before we left for the cruise and we had a 4 hour wait for our flight. By the time we got back to the airport we only had to wait two hours. It really took faith to get back on the next plane, but we made it home fine.

The weather was a real shock to our system though because we had been in 80+ for two weeks and when we came back to Wisconsin it was equivalent to -20 below with the windchill factor. :tongue:

All in all it was a great vacation and I will post a review as soon as I can.

Glad to be back and I am loving the new board.

welcome Back Mary!!!! so glad to have you and Andre' home again ( and by home I mean here ) :grin:

So I cant wait to hear about your voyage when you catch your breath!

Do you guys have any pictures of Andres Glass work we love stained glass

glad you back I missed you :tongue: :wink:

Mary, So glad to hear from you. Thank God you and Andre and everyone on the plane is OK. What an experience!!!I look forward to hearing about your cruise. We missed you , Mary, and we're so glad to have you back here with your CruiseCrazies family. Hugs,

Welcome back, Mary! Glad you had a nice cruise! That plane ride sounded pretty scary, though! You were really brave to get on the next one; I don't know if I could have since I'm already a "White Knuckle" flyer. :shocked: