• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival?

Rate this topic

"I respectfully disagree... America is known for business succeeding by just conviencing people they are having a good time.. Carnival became number one because they eliminated their then Competition... "

alt text

The only way you become successful enough to pay billions of dollars to buy up your competition, is to make the billions of dollars, in profits. To make that kind of profit, you have to please a lot of people. Carnival may not please everybody, and a frew of opur members prove that, but they know hao to appeal to the mass market. To their credit is the fact that they have allowed the lines that they acquired run independently of Carnival, and the only changes thay have made have been small and for the better.

Yet, I still have 2 favorites above them, Celebrity and Princess.

I think part of the point Joey was trying to make was sort of a McDonald's comparison. Marketing is where their success is. Many people would say Wendy's offers better food, but the convenience, price and marketing keeps people coming back to McDonald's. Same type of thing as Carnival. Interestingly, both Carnival and McDonald's are trying to change their perceptions among the masses.

Ann, Did you also look at the Mariner of the Seas from Port Canaveral? Beautiful ship! They alternate Eastern and Western itineraries and if you joined Crown and Anchor you could get a discount. If you didn't make sure you do, they give pretty decent perks when you sail with them.

I'm not a Carnival fan but haven't sailed them in many years, long story but I swore I wouldn't sail that name brand again.......but I have sailed Princess and HAL and like them very much.

The only true way to know if you like them is to give it a try.

:cool: I think Carnivals success has more to do with delivery of a product vs. the perception of the product being delivered. I don't think you can convince people they are having a good time if they are not. It has to be something tangible that is being done. JM2C. Larry :cool:

Just got back from the Glory. Food was great, entertainment was great. I didn't have to wait in a line for more than five minutes. There were over 3,000 people on board but it never seemed crowded. Mark Price and Wee Jimmy were a hoot. I would cruise on the Glory again in a minute.

cruisinmama,

I'm never been on the Miracle but I've been on other Carnival ships. I think it's a matter of personal taste. I happen to like Carnival and how the whole crew makes a major effort to be friendly even though they don't have direct responsibility for you. Most of the crew offers a smile and a hello when you pass them. The advertising over the public address system can be bothersome to some people, but it helps me know what's happening and available on the ship.

I'd recommend Carnival.

Just my personal opinion, but I think RCCL has great physical plants and just medium food. Carnival has nice physical plants, great food, and excellent production shows. Some of the best meals I've had at sea were aboard Carnival. And my basis for comparison is:

Cruises:

Princess 5

RCCL 3

Carnival 9

Celebrity 2

HAL 2

NCL 3

Star Clipper 1

Ocean Breeze 1