• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Have you ever sailed on the same ship?

Rate this topic

cruisinmama

We have sailed on some of the same ships multiple times and always had a great time. We have booked the same ship even though we didn't care for the destination and just wanted to be on the same ship.

One of the nice things about being on a ship you have already been on is that you know your way around the ship. You already know the areas you prefer on the ship and you can get into the swing of relaxing and having fun without being lost.

I have sailed with DCL three times. If you know anything about Disney only the decore is different in their two ships. We sailed until we felt we had finally completed everything of interest fo us. Now I am not saying I would not sail them again just not anytime soon.

Like all of the others who have repled, we too have sailed a few ships more than once. Have done the Zenith four times as I recall, and the Century three times and four times aboard the Viking Serenade.

We do like to try new ships, but if a good cruise comes up on a ship we have sailed on, we're off again.

Oh, I forgot twice on the Royal Princess.

I've sailed on the Sovereign more then 8 times now and still love it. Port Canaveral is close to home and is the easiest port for us. Also love the crew on the Sovereign. I've also sailed other ships twice as well.

Itinerary and price would win out for us.

Our first two cruises were on the same ship. We fell in love with her. Then we moved on to the Millenium and have since done three cruises on that same class ship. It suits us perfectly.

Many people repeat land vacations regularly. We go to the same resort in Canada same time every five years. It's become a tradition.

I think it's good to try new things, but there's nothing wrong with enjoying what you know you like either. It's all good!!!

My first cruise was also on the Carnival Destiny, the cruise that hooked me. I certainly wouldn't mind doing the Destiny again.

Since the Destiny was my first cruise, I was busy learning how to cruise. Now that I'm more familiar with cruising I'd like to do the Destiny again. Carnival did change the itinerary slightly by dropping Martinique and adding Dominica.

Just think about some folks who do time shares in the same place every year even though they have the option to vacation in other places. Cruisers have the opportunity to travel to different destinations on one trip, a lot to learn and enjoy in a short time. Doing the same ship twice helps us to do a little more exploring of places that we missed the first time.