• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Rate this topic

tbaby

I have recently found this great site. I will be taking my first cruise on feb. 20th on carnival fascination. I have beeen reading the postings and found you guys are filled with valuable info. I still ahve a few new cruiser questions.

1. My husband, daughter, and I all have passports. Do we still need to bring birth certificates?

2. On a four night cruise which night is formal night? and is this the only night you can get lobster?

3. Any ideas for excursions in Key West?

I would appreciate any info. THANKS

First and foremost , welcome..... glad you found us.. :grin:

As long as you have passports you guys are good to go.. no birth certificates are required!

In Key Wets Its been years since I have been there.. I am sure others will be able to help you there although I will say it is a small island and if you guys bike .. you may just want to rent a few bikes and go off on your own.... remember pink is the color of key west!

Good luck and glad your here Tbaby

alt textalt text

First of all, welcome to our CruiseCrazies family. Hope to see you posting, a lot!

If you've never been to Key West, you might want to consider taking the Conch Tour Train or Old Tyme Trolley. Both are owned by the same company, and offer similar tours. The big difference is that you can get off the trolley, to visit some of the sights and attractions, and then reboard, while the Train offers only a tour of the island.

Visit Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville for great Conch Fritters!

Save your shopping for the Caribbean Ports.......Key West is NOT Duty Free!

Welcome to the board!

I don't think anyone mentioned...on a four night cruise, the second night is the formal night, and I do think that's the only night that lobster is served. But that's the one night they also have prime rib, and I can never decide. I just ask them to bring one lobster and one prime rib. They will have no problem with you doing that.

Passports are great...don't bother bringing your birth certificates too.

We were on the Imagination in July, and I can't remember if we did the train or the trolley...but we took a tour of Key West because we wanted to see as much as possible, then they leave you off at the shopping area. You can either walk back to the ship from there or you can take the trolley back to the ship.

Welcome....and glad you found us :smiley:

I bet your so excited for your 1st Cruise ...you'll get hooked..

I see everyone has answered your questions..so just a Welcome aboard!!!

Make sure you stick around and come back and share all the details with us about your Cruise..

:smiley:

thank you for the warm welcome and great info. I am sooo excited to be going on my first cruise. I hope you can stand a few more questions.

1. I have early seating for dinner. Can we have breakfast and lunch in the dining room at any time? Is there a dresscode for the day or can you wear shorts?

2. Is there a nightly buffet as an alternative to the dining room? Is the buffet only at midnight?

3. Has anyone stayed in a penthouse suite with balcony? Did you enjoy it?

I will be looking forward to your inputs. I'm sure I will have alot more questions soon

Welcome tbaby, glad that you found us and have already had most of your questions answered. We did Carnival Valor last Jan and found that the dress code for the day is pretty much comfortable clothes, breakfast and lunch are served for a general time frame no set seating. Buffets every nite and midnite buffets (bring expandable pants) pizza 24/7 or in your case 24/4 :grin: Now for the penthouse suite you'll have to ask someone else, we book the rowing section of the ship :grin: :grin: