• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Baja, Mexico

Rate this topic

TCGgal

Hi Everyone!

New here, but third cruise. The DH & I are flying to Calif for vacation w/family who lives there, but taking a 4 day Baja Mexico cruise on 2/6. We just needed to get away for a few days, and while I know not to expect the same as when we take a 7 day, I am excited just to be cruising again!

My question: Has anyone been on this cruise in the beginning of Feb? What is the normal temp? Should we expect it to be warm enough top swim & sunbathe? I worry that it will be very cold. Please, someone put my mind to ease!

We are sailing Carnival Paradise-opinions, comments?

Thank you!

Laurie

We will be on the Paradise March 6, and we've been on it before. We've done Baja many times because, for us, it's only 45 minutes to the dock, and a nice, easy, quickie getaway for 4 days.

Truthfully, I can't tell you what the weather will be in February. We have been told there will be a lot of rain this winter. We already had a major amount for 4 days or so last week, and then this week has been warmer, in the 70's, and windy. We did go on this cruise last February and it was cool, and we had a day or so of rain. I don't know where you're coming from, but it won't be 'very cold'. Maybe not pool weather though.

I think you're probably leaving from Long Beach. When you get there, if you're driving, have your husband leave you off in the parking lot with your luggage, and park the car himself. Have him park close to the elevator. The elevator is only on one side of the parking lot. Then he can walk down to you, pick up your luggage and leave it with a porter. Then, if you have your cabin number, and you probably will, don't stand on the line in the parking lot...go directly to the domed building. Have your fun ship pass already filled out (you can do that online), and you'll get right onto the ship.

And, welcome to our board...we're glad to have you here!

Have fun!

Hello TCGgal,

Welcome to CruiseCrazies. I've never to Baja, but here's a table of the average temperatures:

AVERAGE TEMPERATURES FOR BAJA California (ºF)

MONTH HIGH LOW

Jan 69.9 46.2

Feb 75.2 48.8

Mar 80.1 52.8

Apr 87.2 58.1

May 94.7 65.1

Jun 104.4 73.2

Jul 107.3 80.8

Aug 106.1 80.8

Sep 101.0 75.3

Oct 90.3 64.0

Nov 77.3 52.2

Dec 69.0 45.8

Hi and Welcome..

We have done the Baja from LA....we did it on Monarch we did it early March, it was warm enough for shorts but we didn't swim..but it was in mid to late 20's..and quite warm

The Pools on board were busy however...

Have a great time

Come back and share all the details..

You know, it depends on where you're coming from. My brother visits us from freezing cold weather up in Spokane Wa, where they've had ice and snow and rain for weeks now, and he wears shorts down here, while I'm wearing a heavy jacket.

So, yes, if you're used to very cold weather, you'll be comfortable here.

Thank you everyone!

I will pack accordingly. I am coming from NY state, and yes, it is cold, wet-yucky.

I think capris will be the rule of the day-I wear those alot on the 90 degree heat here & am comfy.

Do they have the new Carnival Comfort beds yet on the Paradise?

Thanks again everyone. :grin: