• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Best cruise you have ever gone on

Rate this topic

jsme

Mebert...Janet's wonderful attitude towards life is why I can't wait to sail with her in November!!

I'd say my favorite cruise was our honeymoon...a transatlantic on the Legend of the Seas. We're finally doing another transatlantic in April for our 7th anniversary....I love the sea days. They're so relaxing. Plus Barcelona is a wonderful city. Can't wait to walk Las Rambla again!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mebert, I will really make you laugh then. Like I said it was my third cruise, and I thought I was so experienced (what a laugh when I look back now) so when we pulled into grand cayman I told everyone, dont worry, we arent going to use the boats excursions, its much cheaper to do it on your own when you get off the boat.

So off we go, and sure enough, it was like half price to go swim with the stingrays, we pair our fare and the guy said to meet him back at 10:00. Well we get there, and there was about 15 people and they put us on this little bus and they take us to this little boat. We get on the boat, and right across the canal is this big HUGE boat filled with like 50 people and here we are on this little thing. I lean over and say to the guy next to me, this isnt quite what I expected and he says, yeah me neither but sometimes these small boats can be lots of fun, and I agreed and sat back.

So we leave, and about two miles out, the boat breaks! And guess what, no radio either, the guy runs us into shallow water. We sat there forever, waving to the other boats but none were close enough to realize what we were yelling, so they just waved back!! Eventually one of the guys I was with and another guy got off the boat and literlly pulled it back to shore, but we could only get so close, and we all had to get out and swim the rest of the way.

We get back to town, right to the bar we went and immediately did several rounds of shots at which time the cruise director walks in and sees us and comes over. We told him our story and told him we could be the poster children for why to use boat excursions! He used made jokes about us at one of the shows a couple of days later.

Every time I bring up and excursion now, everyone tells me I am no longer in charge, lol!!! But now after 10 cruises I hope I am more experienced, lol

Back then I was more worried about getting back to the ship before it left, afterwards though, we did laugh, I mean it was funny. I am a big advocate of ship sponsored excursions when they involve a boat or leaving land because if something happens on the excursion the boat waits for you if you did it thru them, but when you do it on your own like that, you are stuck if you dont get back.

Then we got to cozumel and my sister, my friend nick and his dad decided to do the golf excursion. Apparently nick never checked out the price for anything, just let amy go and book it so they get there, and he takes a dozen balls, the towel, just about everything they offered hinm, then my sister kicked their butts in golf, and then they get hit with their $250 pp bill. My sister lost 1 ball, between him and his father they lost well over a dozen balls. We still tease them both to this day about getting beat by a girl in golf, of course they dont laugh!!!