• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sovereign of the Seas May 15th

Rate this topic

eagleforest

We are going on this short 4 night cruise..Thanks to RCCL credit card.

We cashed in 50,000 pts to get this 4 night cruise and all we have to pay is $59 for taxes.

It is a short cruise just to enjoy our favorite island. CoCo Cay.

Anyone else joing my wife and I?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are on Deck 7.

Our first cruise was on the Majesty which is Sovereigns sister ship.

That cruise we went from Miami to Nassau to Coco Cay to Key West back to Miami.

Where on this one we have one day at sea and skip Key west. And of course Miami.

We plan on snorkling in Nassau and Coco Cay. And most likely just bobbing around Nassau. As the ship is in Nassau till Midnight.

But I will post a review for you notta a problem

that sounds almost like what were doing, that sub tour looks AWESOME! i have that booked at nassau, the rest of the day mostly shopping and bar hopping... coco cay some snorkling and maybe pass out on the beach somewhere.

when we go were on deck 8 i belive, part of the "refit " she got.'

were going on this one to celebrate my gf graduating college, it's also a tester to see if were up to doing a longer one (im already game!)

Keep the price down.

Bring one bottle of wine for each night.

That way you can ask any bartender for two wine glasses and uncork your bottle in your room.

Example: 2 bottles of Beringer White Zinfandel will cost you $8 - $9 at your local supermarket.

One bottle of the same will set you back $28.95 plus 15% tip.

So carrying on 4 bottles will save you lots of $$$$$$

JD what time in july? im going the 21st.

im not to much of a wine drinker, odds are the only one who will be drinking on the cruise is me. The women might have a few, but nothing thats gonna rack up a cost. The bottles i bring home arn't for immediate consumption...but i've been kicking around the idea of sneaking some of that local bahamian beer aboard i read so much about, even if it's only a six pack.

I won't have too much time to spend looking for the rum, the one excursion (sub-adventure) is 4 hrs long, that gives us about 4-5 hrs depending when the local shops close to do some shopping. The Rest of the night i plan to find a local bar, near the beach and stumble my way back to the boat before midnight.

So if you find a good liquer store, let me know! lol :grin:

What kind of Liquor are you looking for?

When in Grand Cayman go to the Tortuga shop that is like 4 blocks to the left of the port. Its on Fort street I think. It is right across the street from Senor Frogs. They allow unlimited taste tests. The shop on the main drag tries to limit it to one shot per customer.

In the bahama's they do have a Bacardi plant