• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

A Modest Proposal for Royal Caribbean

Rate this topic

Joanandjoe

How about Great Adventure of the Seas? It would boast the first roller coaster at sea (although SOLAS regulations would prevent it from being a wooden one), a Ferris wheel, and an honest-to-goodness carousel. There would also be booths where pax can vie for cruise ship merchandise. The least popular will be the "guess how much weight I gained on this cruise" booth.

That's okay - my screen name (Mysticks) was the name of the ECHL hockey team that we had here a couple of years ago. A lot of people will think that because I am female and Southern that I couldn't possibly understand the game. I still like the idea of a hockey game on a ship, at least you can watch them onboard in some of the bars ( on Carnival, at least) <]

well mysticks, atleast you like it. I've been all over the south for jobs for my company, and anytime i get caught in a sports conversation i get chastised for liking hockey. Im glad the sport seems to be catching on down there.

but honestly, other then lacross, is the only sport you see a fight... thats in the actual rules of the sport? fooball you can't, basketball you can't, and baseball you can't and same with soccer.

and hockey on a cruise ship would be an aswsome thing to do on a long cruise, like an inter ship match even. i know RCCL rents out both types of skates, figure skating and hockey, tho the hockey ones have no breaks on the front like the figure skates... which requires some skill to stop!

Brakes on skates?

Yes I know about that razor tooth on figure skates.

I learned to skate on my parents back porch. I remember finding my dad's skates and wanted to learn. So my dad flooded the porch 10 x 20 so I could practice. I wore like 6 pairs of socks to make the skates work with my feet. When my parents saw how I liked it they got me skates for Christmas.

The neighborhood had games of hockey on a neighbors field. The parents actually helped to keep it up.

Once we got into high school we would go down to the local ice rink which up until a few years ago was the nations largest outdoor ice rink.

On any day of the week in the winter you could go to the park and find a pick up game.

I haven't skated in years but it was great.

And now I have the Red Wings just 90 miles south.

Thats the luck that we have in the north.

I am sure there are things that those in the south can do and you have fond memories of. And then thinking if I lived in the north this would be harder.

razor teeth is what i ment by "brakes", but if you look at hockey skates they lack razor teeth on the front. thus stoping would be made by putting one skate at a 45 degree angle.

i learned pretty much the same way you did, in my cousins backyard.

i remember one year that the sabres made it to the stanly cup, dallas had a problem keeping the ice frozen indoors in march... us in buffalo found it kinda funny.