• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Should I wear a tuxedo?

Rate this topic

destinie

destinie,

On the cruises that I've taken I've seen a few men in tuxedos, albeit they were Carnival. However, on Carnival, even though it is considered the fun ship, guests can dress very elegantly in tuxedos and evening gowns or in dress suits or elegant ladies' pants suits. I've also seen very neat jeans with sports jackets.

It's your cruise and if you want to wear a tuxedo, no one will fault you for it or comment, other than to say how wonderful you look. You'll be right at home.

Our cruise to Bermuda is coming up in 35 days and the shopping fever has hit hard, what better time to justify new clothes. I figured that since the price was right I might as well buy my own Tux. Ordered it last night should be here by friday. When we were on the Valor last January there were quite a few couples dressed in tux and gown, everyone looked great!!! Where we live there are very few chances to dressup. It is all a personal choice as it is your vacation!

Depends on what line you like to travel on.

Carnival or NCL maybe not.

But some of the more formal lines you may want to get one.

Wife bought me one about 5 years ago.

No I have expanded shirts, ties, cumberbun colors.

Well worth it.

Eliminates any problem with packing something for the formal nights.

WE were on the Explorer last April, and there were quite a few men wearing tuxedos. It was probably about 30%. I bought a tux just because we frequently cruised. I'm very happy with it.

I think you will be fine in a tux. A ship with over 3000 people on board is going to have a large variety of dressy styles. I mean, even on the "casual" nights, you will still see men with jackets and ties.

I disagree that one would feel overdressed in a tux on Carnival, judging by the numbers of them we have seen.

Interesting topic! Oddly, I just got off the Sovereign of the Seas a couple weeks ago and did not dress up one time.

This was a first.

I left the tux at home and did not enter the dining room one time. We did the buffet and it was really quite good.

I had never ever done that before but after a recent exposure to NCL's freestyle dining I think I may just be hooked on NOT dressing for dinner (dressing UP that is). Actually I never thought I would say this either but I liked it better

Go figure