• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Back to Back Cruises

Rate this topic

tigersrq

Terry,

It's a shame that all your planning went down the tubes. But, perhaps this will turn out for the best.

We had a similar (but much smaller) problem a few years ago when Celebrity sent the Millie into an unscheduled drydock with engine problems. We had to switch to the older and smaller Century which we had already sailed aboard twice. We had booked a balcony on the Millie and since the Century had no balcony cabins except in their Sky Suites, they upgraded us to a Sky Suite. We then decided to take our twin 13 year old Grandsons with us and we all had the time of our lives.

This will afford you the chance to do a good comparison of Celebrity and Princess, sailing Princess while the memories of Celebrity are still fresh in your minds. Might be interesting.

We did back to backs aboard NCL and Carnival a few years back. Just got off NCL's Sky and went down the pier and boarded Carnival's Paradise. Very interesting. We found our inside cabin on the Paradise was much more spacious and comfortable than our so called mini-suite on the SKY. I think over all Carnival won the comparison and I never would have expected that!!

Sounds like you have an alternate plan in place, so put your troubles behind you and enjoy what could be a vacation of a lifetime! :wink:

Thank you, The Skipper!

Yes, I am looking forward to comparing Celebrity with Princess.

This will be our first Celebrity cruise (unless you count Chandris' Britannis back in 1983). I cruised Princess only once about 8 years ago around South America on Royal Princess. Had a fabulous time!

We will have a great time on this trip no matter what. Even have a "Plan B" just in case Star Princess is not ready in time for the May 15th cruise. :smiley:

Terry

tigersrq,

When things happen to affect our plans we usually are disappointed. I understand from first hand experience that even though I've read the contract and know that the cruise line can make changes at any time, it does not stop me from being disappointed.

That's why this forum is a great place to vent our disappointment and seek out solutions or support, knowing that it may not change very much, but at least we got a chance to express it.

Please feel free to post your disappointments. If it's not too far fetched, I'll usually support you.

I hope things work out for you in the end. When cruise lines change plans, their plans don't necessarily fit into ours.

i heard europe has some really good low-fair airlines, maybe you can see if you can book on one of those airlines that service only europe ( sort of like southwest, jetblue, airtran in the U.S) it souldn't be too hard considering both have major airports within their city limits

i dunno, just an idea.