• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Why do you cruise?

Rate this topic

Peddler

Just wondering;

a. Vacation

b. anniversary

c. birthday

d. girls only

e. just a get away

Wife and I won a cruise to begin with and got hooked. We do it as a vacation and this year a 25th anniversary to boot.

Peddler,

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary and cruise. But most of all, congratulations on winning that first cruise.

I cruise most of the time for a vacation or a mental health break. However, my next cruise will be the family reunion of my regular traveling companion. You'd better believe I would not pass up a cruise for any reason.

I now find that I'm challenged in deciding what I'll do for land vacations.

I have these certificates for 7 day resort stays worldwide for $299. I can't decide where I want to go.

I find making a decision to cruise somewhere is so much easier.

We started off as a 20th Anniversary present to each other. 2 years later we did it again. Unfortunately, on both of those cruises we hit hurricanes. We decided that since our Anniversary is in October, we'll cruise at other times of the year just for the vacation. Since then, we cruised in July and April, and neither time were we hit with a hurricane. :grin:

We cruise for anniversaries, graduations and just plain old vacations. The reason I like to cruise is because it's so easy. No decision making, everything taken care of and it's also good value.

We live in a rural area. Clean t-shirt and jeans is considered smart casual, plaid shirt and jeans is formal. So we enjoy dressing up and living the pretend high society life. Even though cruising has changed over the years, I still think that it is a very glamorous way to vacation.

Bill and I cruise for the relaxation. No real decisions to make except what to eat for dinner. All plans are usually made and paid for before we get on the ship. Then we turn off the phones, and do not check email, so no one can reach us unless they contact the ship. Ah to just get away from it all.

Bette and Bill

We Cruise<] to get pampered, We Cruise<] to visit places we want to see, We Cruise<] to get closer to nature, We Cruise<] because of the Great Food, We Cruise<] because occasionally we meet some great new friends. We Cruise <]because we CruiseCrazie<] :grin: