• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roll Call Celebrity Millennium 10/29/2006

Rate this topic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Gail and Deb!

I cannot believe how quickly our group is growing! Joey, you have definitely earned your title of "social host!" Without you, I would hazard a guess that none of us would have made it over to cruisecrazies. I think you are singlehandedly responsible for the majority of the new members in the past 2 months or so.

Bravo!

Thank you Miss Paula, but I think the real thanks go to... Jackie.. Diane.. Tonia and i think someone said Gail also posts over on the dark side.. and I want to thank them for the efforts they have been making making sure the ones that stop by that roll call at least are made aware of this roll call..

All i did was invite Jackie Diane and Tonia .. they did the rest... so on behalf of my cohorts..I say thank you!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the big welcome!! My girlfriend and I are busy here booking some tours for our group of 10, so our cruise information we will get to you sporadically.

Room 7080 Debbie and Pam

Room 7078 Debbie and Shireen

We have 3 couples, Pat and Paul, Steve and VA and another couple that are on the other side of the ship from us.

We booked this cruise when we were on the Horizon last year to Bermuda.

I have been trying to get to this part of the Med. on a cruise for about 6 years, don't know what has taken so long, but here we are.

Some of us are leaving spouses at home, others are bringing theirs with them, so we have a real mixture. I'm celebrating a BIG (50) birthday, but I'm the baby of the group, so doesn't matter. My friend Debbie is celebrating her retirement.

We tend to travel in rather large groups, we had 22 last year to Bermuda, 6 this year to Australia, 8 to Tahiti, 8 to Baltics and have 10 scheduled for British Isles next year, it just kind of falls out that way. It does make it easier to book those private tours!! Of course, when you are running behind like we are, it can present a little bit of a challenge.

I will need to get additional room numbers and hotel location to you later. We also are staying in Venice for a couple of days.

We would love to be able to meet everyone for dinner. Pam and I are arriving last but we will arrive there mid-morning 10/28/06.

Keep us posted on dinner arrangements, etc.

Deb

I am impressed with the knowledge base this group has accumulated and their access to resources. So, what's with the transportation in Venice from the ship to Piazzale Roma where we can pick up the bus to the airport?

The tourist agency wrote me that I could walk with my luggage to P. Roma. That's a laugh. Celebrity rep said I could take their bus from the port to the airport. A bus? That's an even bigger laugh. Perhaps he meant mini bus, but I don't think buses go up steps.

So, do any of you have an info on this problem which could be solved by paying Celebrity $30 per person for transportation, water taxi and bus, I assume.

Thanks,

Gail

Deb

Bob and I are your neighbors we are in 7079 and our friends are in 7081.

Gail

We are taking the easy way out and spending the $30.00 for Celebrity to get us to the airport - our flight is at 10:30 am

Just spoke to my TA --- we got a reduction of a little over $400.00 because of the senior discount-- this is really turning out to be a very inexpensive trip since we are being frugle and are staying in a category 9 inside cabin. The price started at over $2000pp and is now at $1299pp. Thanks for letting us know Joey