• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roll Call Celebrity Millennium 10/29/2006

Rate this topic

no ....we made no changes Gail... if i was going to change routes then of course I would have taken the opportunity to extend the Venice stay at that point....but no ... it was a fact finding call.....sometimes when you do that .. you can fall into a good deal...not this time though.... so unless between now and then they ...meaning British Air (because thats actually who is getting out of Venice) changes their flight.. then ...we stuck... :grin:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gail- Will this be your first visit?

Shannon,

There are two Gail's on this forum. Which are you addressing? I'm captaingail or Gail R.

You, Gail R.

I should have been more clear. Will this be your first trip to the Borghese galleries?

If so, I wanted to make sure that you knew to get advanced reservations.

Yes, Shannon. Thank you. It is on my list of things to do. Thinking this through right now, we arrive at 7 a.m at the port., but probably won't be able to disembark until 8 or later. Trains leave at 8:08 and 8:41. I'll check the next train just in case. It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to Roma Termini. then switch to a bus to the Gallery. Use same ticket. Get it validated before leaving train station.

I'm thinking a 11:30 reservation is doable. What do you think?

Gail

Shannon,

Subway sounds better than bus and all that surface traffic. Last in Rome 23 years ago. They didn't have a subway then.

I was told there is now a tram from the Spanish steps to the Borghese. My friend took it a few years ago. Don't know if it will cut the time to get there.

Do you have any additional info about the train departure times? I lost the link to the train.

Also, are you or anyone on this forum familiar with use of pre paid international calling cards bought in the US to use in any country? Prices are cheap for a call, 3-20 cents a minute depending on whether there is an access charge.

However, what is the chance of finding telephone booths? They are very scarce in the US. Have not been to Europe in 10 years.

Joey ...hope the doctor appt goes well.....

its going to be a beautiful day here in san diego...

if i remember right the weather should be about how it is now in san diego in the high 70's not to humid..... but bring a small umbrella just in case ??

tonia :cool:

Joey,

Sorry your plans for Venice didn't work out. Sometimes it seems you can get lucky with the airlines and they'll let you switch with minimal or no fee. $200pp is unreasonable!

Was there any other change in your schedule? Because I know from past experience, if they change your flights/schedule and you're not happy with the changes, you have the right to make alterations in your itinerary with no additional charges. That's how I was able to get a later flight out of Venice.

We've had the most beautiful weather here in Western New York. It has been mid 70's, gorgeous sun and blue skies and low humidity! I really hit the jackpot for a vacation week! Let's hope my luck holds for my next vacation---Europe!

Gail R.-

If you have a world band cell you can rent a TIM (italian cell co.) SIM chip to put in your phone and get cheap rates. Very easy to use. No looking for a payphone. Check out http://www.picell.com for chip and phone rentals. They have rate details etc. on the site.

The last time we were there we did not have a world band phone and rented one from them. We had no complaints. This time we are just getting the chip.

Just a head's up!!

I spoke to Air France about our booking from Venice to Paris this morning - since the latest terror incident the airports in Europe have been thrown into a "tiz"!!!! Don't think organized American airports - just be prepared and give it more time to get through check in's etc!!!