• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roll Call Celebrity Millennium 10/29/2006

Rate this topic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to hear its just wind and rain for our florida crazies... stay safe and sound ... dudes and dudettes

Jackie .......there is always going to be the late planners,..... not everyone are like us plan months in advance LOL LOL .... glad to hear ya made it thur the tests....

Joey how are you feeling all ok???... just when do you receieve the docs ???

i pulled out the suitcase aired it and just had to put something in it to make me feel i am getting closer LOL LOL

tonia

Packing...... WHAT!!!! I have another cruise before that one and then get back for 2 weeks before we leave for Barcelona, so things are beginning to move fast around here. We general pack about 3 days before, but I do make all sorts of lists to make sure we have everything.

Is anyone unfortunately flying British Air? Their web site is contradictory on the number of checked bags. Weight seems to be 50 lbs. Unclear if it's one or two allowed.

As for carry on, they're writing one small carryon allowed, about the size of a notebook computer case, but 8 inches deep.

No mention of a personal bag, i.e., handbag minus cosmetics, of course. This is all very concerning. Do you think they will take away the large support pillow I will need for the seat if I carry it on in addition to my miniscule carry on?

Captain Gail...I would call your airline to verify that they will allow you as many bags as you think. I know our BA ticket from VCE-LGW (we have to spend the night in LGE before heading to the US) states we are allowed only 1-50 lb. bag each. I need to call BA soon and find out since we, also, are traveling on the next day....IF their allowance gives us 2-50 lb. bags each. Sure hope so!!! (One time in about May I spoke with a BA agent, and at that time she was very adamant about 1-50 lb. bag each....and any lbs. over would be charged at about "$25.00 PER POUND"!! (I'd like to think she was rude and a bit hysterical, but am not sure...I haven't called back since.) Having said all that....a couple of friends of mine are leaving Fri. for BOS-LHR-ATH, and he spoke with a BA agent a few days ago to find out if there had been any adjustments to their allowance since this ordeal several weeks ago. The BA agent (on the phone) told him they (BA) are being lenient, and allowing bags up to 70 lbs. with an additional charge. He'll be back before we have to leave, and I will pick his brain on how strict they (BA) were.