• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roll Call Celebrity Millennium 10/29/2006

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone!!!

Has anyone booked speciality dining yet??? We are considering it but am not sure how to book a time? For those of you who have done it before, do you find that it is worth the extra $$$???

Sorry again....I keep posting on the wrong page thingy....I will learn I promise. Frank is laughing at me, he is more computer savvy then I am. OH well....Talk to you guys soon.

I love this board, just so you know!

Terri and Frank

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey, PLEASEEEEEE find me a pin -- I am a pin collector from way back and sure would love a pin. See you at meet and greet!!

Mary Ann, What senior discount? I asked for Senior, Military, or anything else and Celebrity told me they didn't give discounts. Did they mess me up on this also?

Good Morning Everyone!

Question for anyone who knows about the shipboard credits for shareholders...

I Faxed my information and all required documentation as instructed but have not heard anything. How can I find out ahead of time if the shipboard credit has been posted to our account?

Would hate to get on board and find out that it is too late to have it done.

thanks for any info.

gail

for those of you staying at Hotel Continental Palacete, thought you may enjoy reading this review

Tonia

We just returned home from our cruise Friday night. We took the Aerobus from the Barcelona airport to near the Hotel Continental Palacete, where we stayed one night pre-cruise.

The bus couldn't have been easier -- even easier than a taxi and much more reasonable. The buses are blue, marked "Aerobus" and cost 3.75 Euros per person. You pay the driver directly and he can make change. We exited the airport terminal near the luggage pick-up, and two buses were waiting. We hopped on the closest one marked Placa Catalunya. I inquired (I speak Spanish) and the driver said Placa Catalunya was the last stop; since we are very mobile, the extra block or so was fine with us. If you want to go one stop beyond Placa Catalunya, don't take the bus marked Placa Catalunya. I don't know how the other Aerobus bus would be marked though, but perhaps someone who has taken the other bus can post it. It was not a long walk from Placa Catalunya (a couple blocks), so it was fine for us, but the other bus route probably gets closer to Hotel Continental Palacete, as mentioned by previous posters.

The Hotel is wonderful. Friendly, helpful staff; free Internet; beautiful & charming hotel with elegant rooms; very convenient location; great food available all day/night (Spanish frittata/tortilla, fruit, side dishes, rolls, deli meats & sausage, juices, bottled water, coffee). It was enough food for us, but we are not big eaters. They even give you postcards of the hotel that they will mail free of charge. We had one of the Sun-Sol rooms overlooking La Rambla Catalunya. The dining area also overlooks La Rambla. Although the hotel is on one of Las Ramblas, it is still quiet because it is on the upper La Rambla, not the one with the most action. But the main Las Ramblas action starts only a couple blocks away. We were there during the very festive Le Merce festival, and it was still quiet.

The room (at least the Sun-Sol rooms) is comfortable and amble size as is the bathroom. There is a microwave and refrigerator in the wardrobe/closet of the room (at least our room). A standard metal key opens the door and the plastic card key activates the room’s lights. When you leave your room, they want you to bring the key back to the lobby desk.

The flight of stairs in the hotel to get to the elevator was easy to navigate with luggage for us, but may be a challenge for some. When in the elevator, hold down the button the entire time to get to the upper lobby. If you let go of the button, the elevator stops mid-flight until you resume holding down button again. The elevator is really a small lift without a ceiling and with glass walls.

You can get taxis right outside the hotel. Peter, the British gentleman at the hotel desk, said it should cost us 10-12 Euros to get to the cruise terminal (I don’t know if this was with luggage). The taxi drivers told us, maybe 15, maybe 16, maybe 20 Euros. They settled on a firm 15 Euros and we were anxious to get to the cruise terminal, so additional bargaining just wasn’t worth it. Others said they paid 20 Euros from Las Ramblas but did not bargain. In both cases it was for 2 people in a taxi. My DH and I only had one large suitcase each and 1 small carryon each.

The next time in Barcelona we will definitely stay at this hotel, and we will definitely use the Aerobus. We stayed at a more luxurious hotel with less character last time and used a taxi to get from the airport to hotel. We are sold on the Palacete hotel and the Aerobus and will only use this hotel and the Aerobus transportation in the future. Suggestion: If you have Rick Steve’s 2006 book (or most recent book in future years), then consider taking the book with you because you may get a 5% reduction in the hotel price (double check when you make your reservation in case they change this).

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kathy