• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roll Call Celebrity Millennium 10/29/2006

Rate this topic

Thanks for all the 'eye ' encouragement and sentiments!! This is soooo coool....no glasses or contacts!

At sea days are wonderful (too few this trip!)...We'll do the T-pool/cards, reading, and just hanging out. Totally relaxing! I must admit I have never tried the Cova Cafe, and am looking forward to the hot chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the Diamond Princess last spring we had a guy named Frankie who was the best we'd ever had (asst. CD).....He will be hard to top, but we really look forward to Simon!

2 more weeks.....Guess I should decide what to take.......:)

M&M

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We enjoyed the T-Pool at night after the "all day walking" in Europe, very relaxing!!

For those who haven't used this pool before - bring an older swimsuit - this pool fades/changes the color of your swimsuit - there are numerous threads on this subject on the "dark side". We discovered this first hand, it's true. It's apparently the interaction of the chemicals with the salt water.

For those of us staying at the Locanda Orseolo in Venice, I emailed them to get the latest on the water taxi situation at the pier. Tis is their reply, "fortunately for you and for us the water taxis had > the chance to go > back to the pear, so is easier for you to reach the Hotel once you > get off the cruise, it means that you don't have to > go to Piazzale Roma!

"Just remind to get on board in a cab of VENEZIA TAXI 'cause all the taxi drivers of this company knows where we are!"

Once we are onboard we can plan the logistics so that we can share a couple of taxis.

Morning all..

Thanks Diane for keeping all that are staying at Locanda Orseolo in Venice updated ..YOU are becoming the go to person for Venice :grin:

Also all those who are about to go on their first cruise... remember to pack either an extension cord or a small power strip of some sort.. THERE ARE NEVER<] enough electrical outlets in your stateroom

I think I read in this thread about someone staying at the airport courtyard in Venice the night of the 9th. I think we may do that as well, our flight leaves @ 0635 on the 10th. It seems that getting from the ship to the airport that early will be a big hassle/stressor. Does anyone know how far it is from the ship to pzle. roma?

Yes Joey I received your PM and also PM'd them, have not had a reply.

I'm still not feeling good - but I'm sure I'll be a whole lot better by the weekend.

Diane, don't you think it would be a good idea to get the Locanda group together at the CC party and organize which groups will be travelling together on the Venezia Taxi to the hotel???????

Baggage:

On our recent cruise we took 2 checked bags, and one carry on for our 17 day cruise.

We were 6lbs. over weight on one bag and 5lbs. on the other on our return trip. Our carry on was full. We had to rearrange items from one bag to the other, so that only one was overweight and thus only paying $25.00, overweight charge, for the one. The moral of the story is - either utilize your baggage allowance (2 x 50lb checked bags each) or at least 3 bags for a couple - and definitely a carry on per person to give yourselves plenty of extra packing space.