• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roll Call Celebrity Millennium 10/29/2006

Rate this topic

It must be getting close -- I am even making lists -- Joey I must confess I put the pins away in such a safe place that my aging mind can't remember where that was -- I'm hoping to find them as we start putting things into the suitecases. I'm so glad I gave Suanne and Harvey theirs before I put the other two in the "safe place". Please forgive me if we arrive without them. If worse comes to worse I will make computer generated replicas and Bob and I will wear them.

So much to do before we go away -- still need to get through the District Biennial Convention of my Women's Group -Friday Oct 20 - SUnday Oct 22 - did a lot of the planning and am running a few workshops not to mention being in charge of all the awards - choosing winners - making certificates and framing them etc etc. It will be wonderful but I'm looking forward to it happening and being over. Then it's just the cruise planning and the Cruise - can't wait.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder - don't forget to notify your credit card companies that you'll be using your credit/debit cards in Europe.

I don't know if this is specifically my Bank (Credit Union) or if it applies to everyone, but they say that any monies draw at an ATM or anywhere where you need to use your PIN, with your Debit Card, outside of the USA, these funds come out of your SAVINGS account. So you withdraw cash out of your savings account. Of course, if you purchase anything with the Debit Card then it is withdrawn out of the checking account. Just FYI !!!!!!

I believe it applies to all banks/credit cards. They are so afraid of fraud that they do not hesitate to place a hold on your account for any unusual activity. And, certainly in most cases, charges being made in Europe and unusualy high $$ amounts would trigger a flag on your account. I've already notified my bank (Bank of America) and my credit card.