• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roll Call Celebrity Millennium 10/29/2006

Rate this topic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonia - thanks for the Survivor info.

You know I can't remember about the ATM's, checking/savings - we only used the ATM once on Santorini. The rest of the time we paid for all our food, drinks, hotel, purchases and even our Villefranche tour with mostly our Debit Card and some items our credit card. We usually got Euro's at the Bureau de Change - which as I say they have these kiosks literally everywhere. Failing that you can always get Euro's on the ship either at the ATM or at the Purser's desk.

Joey, Thanks much for writing the hotel about a pre-cruise gathering. That sounds like a great idea!! Just let us know the plan when you get a response.....

Gail, I am so sorry to hear about your Father.....That is such a touch, sad situation. I wish him peace and no pain....You and your family are in our prayers.

Tonia....We also have an Ollie (Oliver). He is a Portuguese Water Dog, and is a bit on the crazy side. We also have another PWD, Casey, who is much more responsible!

I just got off an Alaska cruise (with 150-200 former Flight Attendant friends). WHAT A BLAST!! Bless Mike's heart...he stayed home and dog-sat!

To jump back to a topic we discussed several months ago....Taking wine/liqour on board a ship.....This cruise (just completed) was on Royal Caribbean (same parentage as Celebrity). The information they sent out states that they have the right to refuse transportation to anyone carrying alcohol. This had my traveling partner a bit intimidated, so she was a good girl (her first cruise). I, on the other hand wasn't good...but not awful either! I packed 2 bottles of wine in my checked bag and had NO TROUBLE at all. I know of people who did buy alcohol at various ports along the way and carried it through security in a tote bag or back pack. They, also, had no trouble. I think the cruise lines are just trying to cover their ***** incase there is a problem. Apparently there have been some lawsuits brought on by underage drinking aboard ships. I think if you use discretion in the amount you bring, and how you board it, you should be okay. Just my experience and 2 cents worth!

Happy packing to us all!!

:) Margaret

Great to have you back Margaret, so glad you had a great cruise. Well now, that's interesting news about alcohol. I'm like you - going to give it a try....and smuggle a couple of bottles of Spanish wine onboard in my checked baggage!!!

Thanks for the welcome back, Jackie.....I have 'lurked' back quite a few pages, and am wondering if anything is mentioned about getting from the ship to the Locando Orseolo in Venice. A while back I threw our names in the hat for inclusion in any plans, but have been away so much I have No idea if anything is in the works. Does anyone know how we, or others not included in this plan, get from the ship into town. Our friends, Suzi and Cleve, are staying at a different hotel than ours, and have no idea what makes the most sense. Please help if you know! Thanks!!! Does anybody know about bus transportation in Barcelona to the Continental Palacete? Again, Thanks! I have spent so much time figuring out other trips/transportation, NOW it's time to get my act together for this cruise!! Margaret

Margaret, which transportation are you needing. The hop on and off bus (sight seeing) this one stops very, very close to the hotel. If you're talking about getting from the airport, taxi's are your best bet.

Locanda Orseolo - Joey has a list posted on all who are staying there - I think we should split it into groups and take a water taxi to the hotel. There is a water shuttle from the ship to San Marco (that's into town) and the most common way to get there, you don't have any road option there. If you are going to the the airport from the port - here you have 2 options -road or water.

Response from Hotel in Barcelona<]

Dear Mr. Brecker,

We are very sorry but for those dates we are fully booked and the “Salon Centenario†is necessary for all hotel guests.

We look forward to your visit and remain at your disposition.

Kindest regards,

Pili

OK thats all i know ... whats next?<]

OK this is not a problem...Here is the soultion as I see it: We WILL meet at the hotel at 7pm.. <]

If you you have a reservation and will be a guest of the hotel just go to the salon as registered guests we have the right..if you are not staying at the hotel and would like to meet (There are only five couples that will be in Barcelona at that time ) pick one of us that is(Choice can be determined from the group page) .... PM that person and let them know you will be stopping by the hotel at 7pm. we have 8 rooms booked at 5 guests. there we are done ..

What do you guys think...... Is that thinking outside the box or what?

great idea Joey .......OK so meet at your hotel at 7 pm OCT 28th correct

sounds like a deal to me then everyone can either go to bed or out to dinner from there... lets post it if everyone agrees and i will post at the dark side if everyone says ok.....

think i will post on europe board and see what comes up about atm thingie

tonia

oh jackie i have those RV info for ya i will be bringing for ya