• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roll Call Celebrity Millennium 10/29/2006

Rate this topic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI<]

Types of olive oil

Generally, olive oil is extracted by pressing or crushing olives. Olive oil comes in different varieties, depending on the amount of processing involved. Varieties include:

Extra virgin - considered the best, least processed, comprising the oil from the first pressing of the olives.

Virgin - from the second pressing.

Pure - undergoes some processing, such as filtering and refining.

Extra light - undergoes considerable processing and only retains a very mild olive flavour.

When buying olive oil you will want to obtain a high quality EXTRA VIRGIN oil. The oil that comes from the first "pressing" of the olive, is extracted without using heat (a cold press) or chemicals, and has no "off" flavors is awarded "extra virgin" status. The less the olive oil is handled, the closer to its natural state, the better the oil. If the olive oil meets all the criteria, it can be designated as "extra virgin".

What is pure and light olive oil? "Pure" olive oil is made by adding a little extra virgin olive oil to refined olive oil. It is a lesser grade oil that is also labeled as just "olive oil" in the U.S.

"Light" olive oil is a marketing concept and not a classification of olive oil grades. It is completely unregulated by any certification organizations and therefore has no real precedent to what its content should be. Sometimes, the olive oil is cut with other vegetable oils.

How to care for your olive oil

Resist the temptation to place your beautiful bottle of olive oil on the windowsill. Light and heat are the #1 enemy of oil. Keep olive oil in a cool and dark place, tightly sealed. Oxygen promotes rancidity. Olive oil is like other oils and can easily go rancid when exposed to air, light or high temperatures.

Thanks Diane, I guess things have changed in a year or so. The last time we docked, we were right next door to the Vaporetto station - maybe they are now docking at a different pier. A 5-10 minute walk is nothing, do we know which direction?

Hi Gang,

Just finished working the last 3 days at the Great Georgia Airshow. 10-12 hours each day but it was fun and great weather. Had record attendance.

Jackie, yes I did get your email about the tour with Salvatore. Thanks.

We do not plan to bring a laptop. We have Roadstor for downloading our cards to CD's and Tom is getting and Epson P400 Media Viewer which stores the pictures and you can view them also with it. As you will find out, he is "The Gadget Man". If we want to check or send emails, we will buy one of the package deals on board. CC cabins get 10 free minutes per passenger and they will give you credit for them if you get the package.

Can't wait for that Hot Chocolate from the Cova!! Oh and the candy they give you with coffee!! YUMM

Mary Ann

ok i bought a garment bag so that way i don't worry about weight, in one suitcase....... i only hav 4 working days this week then i am on vacation....

Diane i fly back to your area next tuesday....

Jackie hope your feeling a little better...see i should have told ya retirement will do it to ya everytime LOL LOL .... LOL

tomorrow is xtra disk for camera.... bubble wrap.......plug strip