• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roll Call Celebrity Millennium 10/29/2006

Rate this topic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackie... Kareen... Gail...

when you first get to Barcelona.. and retrieve your luggage.. you go out side to get a cab... do you negotiate one price to get you and your luggage to the hotel I heard the fares do not include luggage.... Is it best to have the hotel name and address on a card for the driver? Does the Barcelona Airport have a help desk in English?

To tell the truth this the part that makes me nervous... the unknown.. drives me totally bonkers

Joey

When you get to Barcelona just take a deep breathe and hope for the best. Worrying about it won't help. I will ask my daughter's friend who spent this past year in Barcelona as a student if he can answer your question. We can certainly know what to expect after all we have almost 5 months to get the answers.

Kareen

Joey

I have heard that it is easy to get a cab... that the fare is somewhere between 25-30 euros from airport to hotel. I am pretty sure that includes the luggage. I plan to write the the name of the hotel and address on a card. I have read that many of the cab drivers do not speak English. Why not make it easier for us...

I am nervous about the language barrier but I figure that is all first time jitters. I am sure it will be easier to negotiate then my nerves are telling me.

Jackie,,, will I am sure respond and give us first hand advice. She is a wealth of information, isn't she,

I understand that bus transport and the metro are pretty esy to ngotiate and cheap but with luggage I don't want to go that route.

Gail

less than 5 months- wow indeed. we are leaving on Oct 12th for the first leg of our trip. I know the time will pass quickly, especially now that summer is in swing.

Please don't have the jitters guys!

Honestly Barcelona airport isn't daunting at all. Once you've collected your luggage just proceeed outside, there is a sign showing taxi's/busses. We walked up to the first available taxi driver and just showed him the Hotel confirmation printout from our internet booking, just in case I would mis-pronounce the hotel name. He charged us Euro 25 and told us that included our luggage (a year ago) :) and then took us directly to our hotel. He didn't speak much English but everywhere else we went in Barcelona it seemed most people speak English in some fashion or another. We didn't have ANY problems with the language barrier. Hope this puts everyone's minds at rest.

Personally we wouldn't like to "schlep" our luggage on the trains & busses. Let the taxi driver deal with it!

A new couple joined the other Board their names are Mary Ann and Tom - they are from GA. So I added their names to our list -- they will be arriving on 10/29. The new list is below:

Diane & Lou arrive morning of 10/26 Continental Palacete

Tonia & Becki arrive morning of 10/27 Continental Barcelona

Kareen & Bob arrive morning of 10/27 Continental Palacete

Suanne & Harvey arrive morning of 10/27 Continental Palacete

Gail & Paul arrive noon 10/27 Continental Barcelona

Margaret & Mike arrive the afternoon of 10/27 Continental Palacete

Joey & David arrive evening of 10/27 Continental Palacete

Jackie & Tony arrive morning of 10/28 Continental Palacete

Paula & Trish arrive morning of 10/28 Hotel Montecarlo

Suzi & Cleve arrive afternoon of 10/28 Continental Palacete

Natalie, Jeff, & Catharine arrive ?? 10/28 Coninental Palacete

Maryann & Tom arrive morning of 10/29