• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Whats the best Part of Cruising?

Rate this topic

The sea days are, by far, the best part of the cruise. I can sit for hours staring out at the ocean. It's the most relaxing experience I have found in my life. The ports are secondary, so I usually don't care where I cruise. People watching is also fun. :wink:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, love the pampering. I like dressing up for dinner, especially formal night, and playing tea party! My husband has a tux and he looks sooooo handsome! We like to make the rounds of all the portrait stations before dinner, and usually buy too many. lol

Sewut

I have to agree that the other posts in his string do point out some of the reasons that cruising is the 'perfect' vacation; but, many of them can be obtained at a first-class resort hotel. And, you're not really in any port long enough to really obtain anything more that a 'feel' of the place you're visiting. It's the equivalent of spending 8 hours in any American city and thinking you've seen the entire United States...

I have to agree with Rogue....

The one thing I love about sailing is sitting on deck, frozen thingee in hand, and watching the sea rushing by. A little pitch, a little roll, and an endless expanse of water!

We enjoy every aspect of cruising but I really look forward to meeting new people that we would not otherwise have the opportunity to meet or observe. I find other cultures fascinating and I try to get as many pictures as I can to show our children what more the world has to offer and how good they have it at home, in the USA.

My willingness to travel in the past on my own has inspired our oldest daughter who is not married to do the same. She said my pictures have given her courage to venture out and see the world.

I love visiting new places and meeting new people as well as exploring the floating hotel. I like the different dining options and not having to clean and do dishes. I even like staying in my cabin sometimes.

When the cruise director says that the passengers will miss their cabin stewards and waiters, he's talking right to me.

1. going on vacation with hubby (and friends or family)

2. getting away from the stress of everyday life.

3. going on an excursion.

4. eating myself into oblivion.

5. staying up late and enjoying the entertainment.

I look forward to unpacking one time, no driving required, and lounging around.

I also look forward to not having to be anywhere at a certain time unless I WANT to be.

And finally, I absolutely love going on deck late at night when hardly anyone is out there and just marveling at the awesomeness of the Universe.