• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Driving Directions to NY port?

Rate this topic

popsec

Hope a NY city cruiser can help with some directions. We'll be coming down from Albany, NY and we're looking for the easiest way to the port. A little nervous about the drive through the city and any help would sure be appreciated!

I'm assuming this is for your Carnival Legend cruise, which is leaving from the New York City Passenger Ship Terminal on Manhattan's West Side. They have a marvelous Web site, that includes driving directions and parking information: http://www.nypst.com/ . The menu is on the left side of the page.

Thanks....I'd tried that for directions but it came up with bizarre directions down from Albany, NY. I was hoping that someone who had actually done the drive could tell me how they drove down......

In that case...

I-87 (NYS Thruway South) to Tappan Zee Bridge, to Saw Mill Parkway. This is Route 9A, which then becomes Henry Hudson Parkway when crossing NYC border, and the same road becomes the West Side Highway in Manhattan. This will lead you directly to the piers.. follow the signs once on West Side Highway.

I made this trip numerous times when going to college in Albany area, as parents lived in NYC.