• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TOWEL ANIMALS

Rate this topic

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carnival is the line most associated with towel animals -- they even have a book on how to make them, as noted earlier -- but these little creatures go back way before Carnival was founded. And, several other lines have adapted them, too.

OK... putting on my liner historian's hat here...

In the heyday of transatlantic liner travel, the lines were very strict about how a stateroom should be made up. (Actually, I suppose this part continues to this day.) There were checklists to be followed, in specific order, as well as time limits. But, on some lines, if a stewardess (many were female) had time left over, she could add a little personal touch by folding an extra blanket however she wished. Many used this opportunity to make cute designs, which eventually, as they got better at it, turned into "blanket animals." Today, the same thing is done, only with towels. :smiley:

Haha Byron - the second picture was a little clearer as to what the animal was :grin:

We had several really good towel animals on the Miracle - The cabin steward used sun glasses, shoes ect to add the final touches. They were all soo good but for some reason i remember the frog the most?

I have a copy of how to fold some of the towel animals somewhere, maybe I can find it. When I post my pics later this week from the Adventure there will be a few towel animal pics. I'll see if I can find the instructions.

I made one once, left it on my daughter's bed for when she came home from school with a note. DH and I headed out on the Sovereign for a mini break and she wasn't that thrilled about being left home with her DB.