• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

BEST SHOW

Rate this topic

We were on the "New and Not so New Newlywed Game" which was great fun. The four couples ranged from two days married too 67 years. The oldest guy should have been a stand up comedian.

I also enjoyed two brothers that were jugglers. Their specialty was to juggle in the dark while all the stuff that they were tossing was glowing.

:cool: There was a headliner on our RCCL Med. cruise named Jackie Scott who is a veteran of the London stage scene. She was a polished, poised professional, an excellent entertainere who I would luv to see again. :cool:

On our cruise to Hawaii on the "Infinity" there was an international pianist onboard who was fantastic. His name is Brooks Aehron. His first show consisted of a comedy, jazz, rock, and classical type show, and then he put on two more concerts that were all classical. He was wonderful! He explained about the composers and the songs before he played which I really liked since I'm not real familiar with classical.

The best produced, most professional and entertaining shows were the "Reader's Digest" version of Broadway shows done aboard NCL.

I saw excellent productions of several, including George M.

Before Star Cruises took over NCL, they were my favorite line.

My favorite show was the Ice Skating show on Adventure of the Seas. There was a couple who did an aerial fabric act, which was totally new to me, an then landed on the ice and joined in the skating. WOW!

http://www.aerialexperience.com/

My second favorite was Toxic Audio, which does all songs a cappella, even the rhythms. They do jazz, rock, and some old classics as well.

[url=http://toxicaudio.com/]http://toxicaudio.com/

If you're on Rhapsody of the Seas Oct. 26 - Nov 2, you are in for a treat!!!

All of the jazz shows on our Radisson (now Regent) Seven Seas Navigator cruise last September. Why? Because it was a jazz cruise with great jazz men and women. Here is an excerpt from our review, with typos corrected:

"Entertainment

Entertainment was the best we’ve ever had. The show room and Vista lounge were comfortable, the cast shows (six talented young people) and entertainers were fine, and the lounge players were excellent. This was all overshadowed by the special signature events of the cruise: this was a jazz cruise. And what jazz! Eleven jazz men and women, many of them famous: Bucky Pizzarelli, John Allred, Randy Sandke, Nikki Parrott, Carolyn Leonhart, and several others. There was jazz once or twice a day: in the showroom, the Vista lounge, and by the pool. Hot jazz, cool jazz, old and new, New Orleans, Chicago, and Memphis style. Soloists, big combos, small combos. Total saturation, after we hadn’t been to a jazz concert in years. We loved every minute. What was best, the jazz performers were treated as passengers when they weren’t performing, and we kept running into them: at dinner, around the ship, in ports. We saw them as people, not just performers."

Other than that, shows on ships have been pleasant, but not especially memorable. The one thing we have found is that we absolutely HATE any show that is labeled "Las Vegas style", or any performer with a similar label. (That, our dislike of hot weather, and the fact that we don't gamble at all are among the reasons why we've never been to Las Vegas. We hate glitz!)

BTW, Jason and Cheryl, our review is listed as "Radisson-Seven Seas Navigator". Please change Radisson to Regent. Thanks.

I forgot about Petula Clark. I saw her on the "Norway" in 1986. I always liked her '60s tunes, but I was really surprised at the show she put on.

She put on a fabulous show with famous broadway songs, and some of her own hit songs, and some of her own humor and such. She got a standing ovation. I really enjoyed her. Also on the same cruise we saw a fabulous show with arial artists that did circus acts right over the passengers. It was great! I can't rememer the name of it, but I really thought that NCL had good entertainment back then.

Some people are so much more talented than we think. I once saw Donny Osmond in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" on stage, and I was amazed at his voice. He didn't sound like that on the "Donny and Marie Show."