• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Dress up or Nnot?

Rate this topic

zebra

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoy dressing for the formal nights and for dinner, but I hate bringing all the extra luggage. My DH has to handle it all, except for my carry-on and my purse, because of injuries that I have had. We did buy some new luggage last trip, though, that all hooks together, and he could just roll it along. It worked out great.

We like to dress for formal nights, and my wife likes to dress every night for dinner. This summer we will be on a 10 night cruise that is country club casual, no formal nights. I know her, she'll still dress like she wants. I think I'll take one blazer and no ties.

I dress for dinner every night, whether it's a pantsuit for the casual evenings or an evening gown for formal nights. I'm usually in resort casual wear during the daytime unless I'm sitting by the pool (then, it's swimwear).

We always dress for dinner. It's one of the main reasons we cruise. I always take a tux with two jackets, black and white, and a suit. Depending on the length of the cruise, Moneypenny always takes one more formal than she needs, she can't make up her mind until the actual moment of truth. Even on cruises that don't have smart casual, I will wear a suit and tie at least one night on a 7 day and usually three on a 12-14 day cruise. If cruising ever stops formal nights, we will probably stop cruising.

For me, it is fun to dress up and play the part and enjoy the fun that comes from nice clothes that you don't usually wear. If nothing else, you should see my wife! WOAH! Now that's worth dressing up for, just to see her.

It all depends....

If I'm on Carnival, UI dress nicely, on formal nights, and might even wear a jacket, but no tie. The majority of passengers on Carnival don't dress up at all so it's OK.

On most other lines, I do take my tux, and wear it. In fact, on some ships 90% of the passengers dress up on formal nights and it's uncomfortable if you don't...