• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Would you cruise the Crown right after ?

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

I think that we would probably cancel and then book it again after they decided exactly what the problem was and it was corrected. We're not big on risk taking. I don't think I could relax and enjoy . How about you?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on Navy ships that took greater lists than that (Crown was allegedly about 15-18 degrees. That is a lot. The problem is that they were not "secured for sea", a practice always done in the Navy, to ensure that things are not free to move about when the ship rolls. The water in the pool, of course, was the biggest thing that they could not have prevented as long as the pools were full. The news reports today indicate that it was human error by a junior officer on the bridge after the captain had set the auto pilot and left the bridge.

We agree with Lisa, we would go without hesitation. There is no guarantees in life and there is no use spending your life worrying about what may or may not happen. It's kind of like getting on an airplane after the news of one crashing.

We would go without a problem. !5 degrees is a big list. If you were stood at the starboard rail and the ship rolled 15 degrees, the port side would rise up over 25 feet higher than the starboard side. On a Travel Channel show about Voyager, thhey showed some of the testing. The ship was actually rolled over 49 degrees and then released. It was very dramatic.

The biggest concern I would have was the violence of the movement and as John G said, on cruise ships things are not secured for sea. Princess has their in cabin TV's high up on a shelf. They look awfully dangerous in a situation like happened on Crown.

Radiance had a steering malfunction, Grand had the same, now Crown. In the two previous cases it was a human error. An inadvertent command to turn at a rate not compatible with the speed at which the ship was travelling. Hope we never experience it, but, stuff happens. I've been on three airplanes when the cabin has filled with smoke. Really scary, but I still fly.

I'd go no problem! It won't happen again this week.

Not sure if it's human error or not yet. We live in Central FL. and the news station that reported this is known for sensationalism........I'll wait for a real report on the incident if we ever get one!

I would go without any hesitation. I have the advantage that I've already been on the Crown and loved the cruise. We are actually looking now at booking her again next year on her repositioning cruise to San Juan.

If it was a computer error, then it can be fixed. If it werer human error, then this will, at least for a while, be the safest ship on the ocean. :grin: