• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Would you cruise the Crown right after ?

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely I'd go!!! The chances of the same thing happening back to back nah. With all the major investigation and inspections it's likely to be the safest ship to cruise on.

When I first saw this on the news, I told my wife that it was an inexperienced person at the helm. Turns out I was right. Those ships don't just take a turn on their own. . . I would have no problem going on this or any other ship.

I am sure that this ship will not have a problem filling up again. The Grand Princess had a sililar thing happen last December. The story there was that they were about 2 hours out of port in Galveston and a lady had a heart attack. The decision was made to return to port and get her to the hospital rather than air transport. While turning around, they took it too fast and the ship tilted and they ended up dropping off a couple more people that got hurt in addition to the lady having the heart attack.

I think this is more common then we think.

My daughters friend left on the Crown on Saturday. They were supposed to leave last Thursday but under the circumstances it was delayed for obvious reasons. It was originally a ten day but turned in a seven. They received three thousand dollars in cash and 50% of a future cruise for their inconvience.............

If I had tickets, I would be on that ship. My feeling is that Princess and the Coast Guard would not allow that ship to sail without some assurance that this would not happen again!

The safest day to fly is the day after a crash.

And teacp, I'm glad to hear that Princess really took good care of the follow-on cruise passengers.