• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Leaving on Ecstasy Monday

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone! I've been reading the forum for awhile now and have gotten lots of good info. Today I registered and this is my first post :smiley:

This will be my 4th cruise, so I have done the excursion thing before and this time my DH and I just want to relax. Here's my plan...if you've been on this cruise before and know some tips let me know please.

On Wed we'll be in Progreso...I plan on taking the double-decker tour and going to Corona Beach (based on opinions from this forum). From what I understand Corona Beach is near the extra long pier...is that right? Does the double-decker bus drop you back off in the same spot? Is there a charge to get in Corona Beach? And most important...how much is beer?:grin: Anyone know where I can see pics of Corona Beach?

On Thurs we'll be in Cozumel...just want to hang out at the beach again - Playa San Fransico or Playa Paradise...we'll just take a taxi from the ship. I can't remember if either one of these has a charge either. And then before we board, I'd like to eat at Pancho's Backyard. I've heard good things, but we've never taken the time to go.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions and THANKS :cool:

Joey, I've been on it before too - about 4 years ago. I know its an older ship, but didn't matter to us...we had a GREAT time!

My first cruise was The Norwegian Star out of Houston (7 day) - 1997.

#2 was the Ectasy out of Galveston (5 day) - 2002.

#3 was the Norwegian ???(I forget the name) out of Houston (7 day) - 2004.

I wanted to do the 7-day Conquest out of Galveston, but at the last minute we changed our mind and opted for the 5-day. We're saving the Conquest until next year...10 year anniversary :shocked:

I've only done cruises!!! Thought about doing an all-inclusive to a resort but I really don't like to fly...I'm a chicken! So I'll take what Galveston / Houston gives me as far as cruise options - I'm about 40 miles north of Houston.

BTW...my DH and I decided to spend $$$ on cruises after spending 3-nights in Galveston once and the price (room, food, and drinks) being more than the cost of our first cruise!!!!! :shocked:

She

Welcome to Cruise Crazies, shebert!

I'm not really a beach person, and it's been quite a while since I've been to Cozumel, and I haven't been to Progresso, so I'm sorry that I can't help you. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

The bus dropped us at a park in the town and it was a few blocks walk to the beach, which is a public beach and runs for blocks. Across the street are all kinds of restaurants and bars. Also, on the beach the will bring you drinks, and some restaurants have tents set up with tables and chairs on the beach for those who wanted to eat. I don't remember them charging for the beach chairs. Lost of local people hawking their wares on the beach and on the side walk. Beer, as I recall, might have been $3.

Interesting site at http://members.tripod.com/~Jose10/progreso.html with some pictures. The one at the bottom is where we were.

alt text