• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Question about bringing wine

Rate this topic

shebert

Okay...I leave tomorrow (taking a deep breath trying not to panic about everything that needs to be done today-whew :shocked: ).

I want to bring some wine on board...would like to have a glass or two getting dressed and maybe a glass before bed (helps me sleep when I'm away from home). So my first question is this...do I pack it with my check in luggage (of course taking precautions in case of an accident) or do I carry it on? I'm only planning on bringing two bottles b/c thats what the cruise docs say (1 for me and one for DH). Trying not to be "illegal" or sneaky with the wine (actually intended on bringing 5 bottles but then thought otherwise :grin: )

Also, since I'd like to drink it in my room...what about a cork-screw - would that be considered a weapon???. I don't mind paying the $10 corkage fee but since I'm not drinking it in the dining room, I'm not sure how this works. I'd hate to have my luggage confiscated b/c of a cork-screw.

BTW...the cruise line is Carnival if that helps.

Thanks Everyone - This forum is really GREAT!

She

Personally, shebert I would have it in my carry on...make sure you pack the cork screw in your luggage and not on carry on.. Why hide ? I could never understand that

Have a safe Voyage Shebert..

PS One of our distinguished Members you will probably meet on line when you get back ... his screen name is Mebert....so your name brought some smiles.. Glad your here!

joey

I'd carry it in my carry on. It's probably safe in your checked luggage, but why take a risk. Corkscrews are not considered a weapon anymore. You can carry them in your carry on, but to save an argument with a TSO operator, I'd pack it in my checked luggage. You can also ask your room steward to get yo one. They will have no problem. Enjoy your cruise.

Some really good wines now come in (believe it or not) SCREW CAP bottles. And, some above average are in 3-liter boxes that won't break or need a cork screw.

Of course, after about four of five glasses, don't tend to taste the same (LOL).

You guys are SOOO helpful - THANKS! I'll bring two bottles and I packed away the corkscrew.

Although I just made my first post a few days ago, I've been reading the forum for awhile - so I will miss everyone (esp. Joey's smiling face...I just love the picture :wink: )

She:)